Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Sangyong Korando - Are they ok?

Sangyong Korando - Are they ok?

Thinking about getting a cheapie 4x4 to leave at bach in mid Canterbury high country. For fishing and hunting. Doesn't need to be registered or WOFed as will only be on the local tracks.
    Spotted a 2003 Sangyong Korando for $2k. It's 2.9TD, 5 speed manual, 4wd has 2hi 4hi 4low, 228000km. Worth a go? Or are they crap? I'm not finding much info online about them apart from it's a mercedes diesel and they're not good when compared to the major brands, but they're still ok. Thoughts?

ssangyong is currently for sale by their indian owners as they arent selling very well.

Not surprised as seems they've always struggled with getting the look right. Bascially they're fugly! But looks are important for new sales.
    The 2003 sure isn't pretty but I'm not bothered by that. Want something for occassional use that can sit for weeks unused and then do it's job when need be.

northdude
    Pieces of shit
    ethos and Tommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Ladder chassis or unibody? Unibody and 200k is probably past it's design life.
    No idea. Can't find any detailed info online. It's over a hour from where I live so doing some research before visiting
    They seem capable off road https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqcAEn04Z0M

Get an old petrol landcrusier or Nissan patrol.Easy to tune up,start up, one with manual gear box for tow start if you have to.Cost stuff all to keep going as a hill hack.
    outlander likes this.

Guy at work had one. Nothing but problems with the gearbox.

Not a bad thought, although its hard to get anything non electronic anything now days. I've got a 10W ish solar panel so could leave it connected to trickle the battery.
    An old suzuki SJ would be great but they're rare and $$. Vitara/Escudo more common but again $$
    gadgetman likes this.

There was a lada on here recently...... least no one will want to steal it
    tetawa, Pengy, outlander and 1 others like this.

northdude
    Be better than a piece of shit musso as well

What was wrong with the Musso?

i have a 2.7 diesel sangyong rexton and its awesome ,also have an 80 series 24valve manual landcruiser and the rexton tows better and goes awesome . i think they are a very underrated brand . would rate them way above chinese made of cheese vehicles
    Cyclops and 57jl like this.

northdude
    I work on the pieces of shit we've had diffs fall to pieces transmissions fuk out to name a couple of common things it's cheap for a reason

Mate got a early 2000’s 5 door vitara for $2500. 220kms. Fully road legal, new tyres, hardly seen a gravel road. So they’re out there. Gonna put tractor grips on it and rip the back out for alloy dog box to go in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dannyb and uk_exile like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Get an old Rav4.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!