Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 2 Post By Cartman
  • 2 Post By JoshC
  • 1 Post By XR500

Thread: Shipping bike options?

Shipping bike options?

Anyone know the cheapest route to moving dirt bikes round the country? I've scored another bike for my kids to rebuild its free so I don't want to spend the earth in getting it here. Auckland to southland. Or I will just part it out and courier the good parts.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

freight truck....at thier time..... same deal for furniture company,if you happy to wait till they have spare space,they MAY be accomidating...the horse transport guys may also be worth a call,never know they may be quiet and filling a bit of space for lower price mightnt be dumb move for them.
    Cartman likes this.

I have used a fellow in the past who travels all about with farm implements. Cost me $450 for bike from warkworth to chch a few years back. Not sure if he is still operating but I'll PM his number to you and you can ask him...
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    David Gunn has a mate who shifts stuff all over the country . Contact him.

Name:  IMG_3552.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  438.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_3553.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  475.9 KB

https://www.biketranz.co.nz/

I've used these guys twice no problems SI > NI and vice versa cost effective and professional

Thanks for the replies guys quotes seem to be around the 750$ mark which is too rich for my blood I will part it out thanks for the help.

outlander and XR500 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys quotes seem to be around the 750$ mark which is too rich for my blood I will part it out thanks for the help.

That's too expensive man, keep looking around. I shipped a Honda 500 quad down recently from Hamilton to South Otago for $450 and that was with Freightlines!
    Cartman and Micky Duck like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post

Its not just transport. Everyone seems to want insane money for doing anything these days. I do wonder where it will all end?
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Its not just transport. Everyone seems to want insane money for doing anything these days. I do wonder where it will all end?
    A trip to Southland from Auckland and return takes 5 days, a lot of wages, fuel and 2 ferry crossings involved...I did it a couple of months ago and not something an old prick like me wants to do too often even as a passenger...as for rising costs, the governments plan to run the ferries on a different fuel has already affected costs by 6% on just that one item alone.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    and it will end... people will be squeezed enough to 'hands up'. This hasn't happened quite yet in this country, but it will and until such time the greed will continue. A learning curve if you will, seen it pan out elsewhere.