Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Shooting From Hilux

  1. #1
    Member cambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    1,315

    Shooting From Hilux

    If you have a "Shagger" Hilux and shoot from it, it pays to cover the top windscreen vents or the empty cases will jam up the heater controls and then the heater box needs to be removed.
    A shirt over the vent works or you can remove the top half of dash (easy job) and cover the vents with pantyhose material.


    This particular truck needed the heater box to be removed just to get the cases (2x 22lr and 1x 223) out. 12hrs labour, A/C degas then regas later and a big bill to match later.....




    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

  2. #2
    Member cambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    1,315
    Whitebait netting is also good and stronger than the pantyhose.

  3. #3
    Member 199p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    2,728
    Cheers mate Will Def do that one

    Hate to think what that could cost at Holden

  4. #4
    Member BRADS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Central Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    7,900
    Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Cheers mate Will Def do that one

    Hate to think what that could cost at Holden
    It's a Holden why would you fix it?

  5. #5
    Member 199p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    2,728
    i like my heater

  6. #6
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,207
    How does this sort of thing work with lease vehicles ?
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  7. #7
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,157
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    How does this sort of thing work with lease vehicles ?
    Depends how many people have had it

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Whitebait netting is also good and stronger than the pantyhose.
    You have problems with Pantyhose @cambo

  9. #9
    Member Maca49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    14,987
    Never had probs with pantyhose on the dash, spose my undies took the thrashing?
    Last edited by Maca49; 20-08-2015 at 08:54 PM.
    Beaker and 6mm ackley like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  10. #10
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    If you have a "Shagger" Hilux and shoot from it, it pays to cover the top windscreen vents or the empty cases will jam up the heater controls and then the heater box needs to be removed.
    A shirt over the vent works or you can remove the top half of dash (easy job) and cover the vents with pantyhose material.


    This particular truck needed the heater box to be removed just to get the cases (2x 22lr and 1x 223) out. 12hrs labour, A/C degas then regas later and a big bill to match later.....




    How long did it take to do that? I bet it was less then the 5 weeks and counting I have been waiting for my fucken truck to be fixed.
    I've been trying to be fair and reasonable but to be honest how fucking long does it take to refit a head and replace the EGR COOLER ( and the head was neither cracked not gasket blown . Actually Now i am ropable and I cant believe i am saying this but i should have taken it to the dealer to fix or brought a bloody Hilux
    Kiwi Greg, R93 and kokako like this.

  11. #11
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,207
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    How long did it take to do that? I bet it was less then the 5 weeks and counting I have been waiting for my fucken truck to be fixed.
    I've been trying to be fair and reasonable but to be honest how fucking long does it take to refit a head and replace the EGR COOLER ( and the head was neither cracked not gasket blown . Actually Now i am ropable and I cant believe i am saying this but i should have taken it to the dealer to fix or brought a bloody Hilux
    Name and shame Mikee.
    199p likes this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  12. #12
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Name and shame Mikee.
    Not yet but the problem is they fucked up apparently and pulled the head off before Protecta Insurance said they could. They called me 4 days after they pulled the head and said it was ok along with head gasket and had no idea where the coolent was going. i did a bit of a ggogle and found most common fault for this year of BT50 (and Ranger) is you guessed it the EGR cooler and thats what it was. Insurance said they won't pay for head removal and re-installation only the EGR cooler + labour. So the Garage is arguing. In despiration 2 weeks ago I said just to fix it and I would stand the cost of all the work (head removal etc, which was not necessary) to get it back cause i can see it staying in the shop while they argue with Protecta forever.

    I have learned my lesson that even though they did a good job servicing all our vehicles in the past they are out of their depth with this job and I should have taken it too MAZDA
    I think I am too nice

  13. #13
    Member 199p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    2,728
    Mate thats fucked
    They should be putting you right and its there fault they pulled the head. Thats between them and protecta shouldn't make any difference to you getting your truck back.
    Are they mta assured?
    I would be ringing them
    veitnamcam and Munsey like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

  14. #14
    Caretaker jakewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,976
    That's bloody rough Mikee, they should put it back together and give it to you with out you paying.
    You don't have a dog in this fight surely.
    Munsey likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

  15. #15
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,240
    And to top it off I have to take time off work to go chase them up tomorrow cause i have heard nothing since last friday when they were waiting for Precision Regrinds to reassemble the head and a head gasket to arrive from Austrlia !!!!!



    AND @cambo, sorry to drift your thread so far off track with my vent

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. New hilux
    By Munsey in forum Outdoor Transport
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 14-06-2015, 10:33 AM
  2. wtb hilux 4x4
    By buzzman in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-09-2014, 10:30 PM
  3. Hilux
    By moonhunt in forum Off topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-04-2014, 02:56 PM
  4. New hilux
    By Munsey in forum Outdoor Transport
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 16-01-2014, 08:10 PM
  5. My Hilux
    By Cyclonenat in forum Outdoor Transport
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 15-08-2013, 01:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!