Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bunji
  • 1 Post By Survy
  • 1 Post By northdude
  • 1 Post By bunji

Thread: Suzuki LT250 quad

Suzuki LT250 quad

She’s and oldie but a goodie, has carried plenty of deer in here life and just keeps on giving. But over the Xmas break I give her some tlc and noticed a crack on some housing on the front diff area. As mechanically minded as I am I removed the part but have absolutely no idea what it’s called. It joins the 4wd leaver to the front diff and I assume is responsible for engaging 4wd. If any of you forum gurus know what this part is called I would be much appreciative of your help. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Go fast, Don’t suck

Have you tried looking up Selector ?If you sent those pics to a bike parts/wreckers with details on model/year & description they would tell you straight away.Good Luck they were still my favorite quad
    G.I_Joel likes this.

I’m a noob period, but does this link help ?
    Looks like 28 maybe ?

https://www.bike-parts-suz.com/suzuk...5833062/M/1948
    G.I_Joel likes this.
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Quote Originally Posted by Survy View Post
    I’m a noob period, but does this link help ?
    Looks like 28 maybe ?

https://www.bike-parts-suz.com/suzuk...5833062/M/1948
    @bunji I have found a few being wrecked on trade me and have given them my best description I could of the part, but if I knew exactly what it was called it would be easier, the fact I can’t sent them pictures makes it difficult.

Yeah it is 28 and it calls it a cover haha. But that’s the best diagram I’ve seen so far and have saved that to my favourite links on my phone. Thanks for that. Also got sent a link where you write in the part number and it tells you what it is. Waiting to get home to see if it has a part number on it.
    Go fast, Don’t suck

northdude
    its a shaft lever holdy thingy
    G.I_Joel likes this.

Sorry did not realise the level of noob Try searching /asking for /describing as a Suzuki LT250 quad, front differential, 4 wd selector cover.

Personally since you do not really know what you want/have l would ask/show a actual Suzuki dealers part section or real Bike Wreckers not just another noob on the end of the line/nett,that way at least ypu will get correct identification/part number to either purchase OEM or know what to search for S/H on TM etc .Can you send the pics from your phone to your email & then use that to email to a dealer /wrecker for correct ID/part number?

I tried looking in the shed to see if l still had a old manual to look in & then send you, but it must be over a decade since l owned one of the old girls & it has been thrown out in a clean up .It might be worth while getting one of the cheaper Haynes etc manuals for her to help you working on her in the future. Good Luck .

I converted your pics here to Imgur does that make it easier for you to share/send ? Also might help to take pic from other end ie showing how it looks as you are looking at it on bike Hope it helps

https://i.imgur.com/hgeGU7v.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/AG2SXP8.jpeg
    Last edited by bunji; 15-01-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Haha yeah mate, it was just a matter of getting down to tss to ask them, I figured if someone knew before hand I wouldn’t have to go down to them. Even too them about 10mins to figure out exactly what it was and what parts I needed as it didn’t come as a whole but won in the end
    Go fast, Don’t suck

Quote Originally Posted by G.I_Joel View Post
    Haha yeah mate, it was just a matter of getting down to tss to ask them, I figured if someone knew before hand I wouldn’t have to go down to them. Even too them about 10mins to figure out exactly what it was and what parts I needed as it didn’t come as a whole but won in the end
    Good One mate glad you got it sorted ,l am going to do a shed clear out as soon as we get some steady clear weather for a few days so l can stack all the shit outside while l sort it,if l find the workshop manual for the old Suzuki LT250 quad l had do you want it ?

Quote Originally Posted by bunji View Post
    Good One mate glad you got it sorted ,l am going to do a shed clear out as soon as we get some steady clear weather for a few days so l can stack all the shit outside while l sort it,if l find the workshop manual for the old Suzuki LT250 quad l had do you want it ?
    @bunji that would be bloody awesome mate. Let me know if you do find it. The old bike has got another 35 years in her I reckon!
    Go fast, Don’t suck

Quote Originally Posted by G.I_Joel View Post
    @bunji that would be bloody awesome mate. Let me know if you do find it. The old bike has got another 35 years in her I reckon!
    No Worries if l find it l will PM & arrange posting it .Like l say they were my favorite quad out of a 6 l have owned over the years ,probably do the clear out at the end of the month so if l find it or any spares that may be of use to you l will let you know.
    G.I_Joel likes this.

No Worries if l find it l will PM & arrange posting it .Like l say they were my favorite quad out of a 6 l have owned over the years ,probably do the clear out at the end of the month so if l find it or any spares that may be of use to you l will let you know.
    While you are looking if you come across a suzi LT 400 eiger workshop manual I could rehome it.

Bloody legend!
    Go fast, Don’t suck