Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Titanium testicles

Titanium testicles

When I was a kid, about 14, I was standing on a small bridge over the railway line in central France, when in the distance I saw a train coming. It was the Train à Grande Vitesse, the iconic TGV, and it was going full tilt, around 320kmh. Almost 40 years later, I can still feel the shock of the air pressure wave as the train passed a probably no more than 4-5m underneath me. I'll never forget it.

So when my boy showed me this video today, I tried to put this into the perspective of that train memory. This guy is going over half as fast again. In a car.

It is worth pointing out that in the world of nuts engineering, the Germans excel, but they still need a Brit to drive the damn car. Cos he was born with titanium testicles. German ones aren't tough enough...

Just...say...the...word

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    When I was a kid, about 14, I was standing on a small bridge over the railway line in central France, when in the distance I saw a train coming. It was the Train à Grande Vitesse, the iconic TGV, and it was going full tilt, around 320kmh. Almost 40 years later, I can still feel the shock of the air pressure wave as the train passed a probably no more than 4-5m underneath me. I'll never forget it.

So when my boy showed me this video today, I tried to put this into the perspective of that train memory. This guy is going over half as fast again. In a car.

It is worth pointing out that in the world of nuts engineering, the Germans excel, but they still need a Brit to drive the damn car. Cos he was born with titanium testicles. German ones aren't tough enough...

Germans make fine shoes though. Know any German shoemakers?

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
    GravelBen likes this.

Balls probably carbon fibre to save weight
    tetawa, GravelBen, viper and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Germans make fine shoes though. Know any German shoemakers?
    He's not a German he's an alien. And even in his heyday he was nowhere near brave enough for 300 mph.
    Just...say...the...word

Should have keep going, he almost got 500km/h......

Bloody impressive, that aerial shot gave good perspective on speed!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Banned
    He's not a German he's an alien. And even in his heyday he was nowhere near brave enough for 300 mph.
    Lol. I would drive 300mph. The fear would be so brief.

Banned
    Titanium balls. Lightweight, scratch easily.

HEAVY balls

Titanium balls. Lightweight, scratch easily.

HEAVY balls
    Agree, they are amazing, this guy even more as he is doing pace notes two to three corners ahead in his second language(he is finnish)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Banned
    I tested it on my 10 month old daughter. The Bugati did no worry her too much, but Padden had her shaking her head.
    GravelBen likes this.

Banned
    Are you joking? Serious question. I've never heard anyone say anything too dramatic about driving fast in a straight line. I would assume most competent race drivers could do it in that car on that track.

Are you joking? Serious question. I've never heard anyone say anything too dramatic about driving fast in a straight line. I would assume most competent race drivers could do it in that car on that track.
    Mate I was timed at 169.69 MPH average over a flying 1/4 mile in a car I built up years ago, scariest thing I have ever done, 3 ex wives included

I have one that would do 180 MPH with out too much drama but F that for a game of soldiers, I'm too old & sensible for that sort of shit these days

All legal on closed courses of course

sneakywaza I got
    Driving cars fast doesn't require real skills or courage. I exclude rally drivers from that statement, they need courage, skills and a healthy dose of insanity.Buggered if I'd get in a car with Paddon in a serious mood!, but I'd go to sleep in a car with Murphy or the like.

Two wheels at real speed, fist to fist, elbow to elbow, knee to knee fighting to win the line (or control the exit), that will focus the mind like nothing else on the planet.
    WallyR likes this.

Topped out on uk A road ( 2 lane) at 154 mph.
    Bends happen in a hurry......never again
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Driving cars fast doesn't require real skills or courage. I exclude rally drivers from that statement, they need courage, skills and a healthy dose of insanity.Buggered if I'd get in a car with Paddon in a serious mood!, but I'd go to sleep in a car with Murphy or the like.

Two wheels at real speed, fist to fist, elbow to elbow, knee to knee fighting to win the line (or control the exit), that will focus the mind like nothing else on the planet.
    Mate rally cars top speed is slow....their proximity to things kinda changes the perspective a bit though

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Mate rally cars top speed is slow....their proximity to things kinda changes the perspective a bit though
    Totally about the perspective, the rally car drivers deal with variables the other 4 wheelers do not, in an environment where mistakes have consequence.
    Beaker and Moa Hunter like this.