Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By planenutz
  • 1 Post By Cowboy06
  • 1 Post By chainsaw

Thread: Trailer for side by side

Trailer for side by side

Hi all, looking for a trailer to tow behind a luv or side by side.
    It is a work trailer and will be used daily with a bit of hill work. Needs to be well built and can carry a load of up to 500kg but not so heavy it pushes the vehicle around on a hill. Be good if you can put a cage on as well.
    I'm Dunedin based so south island recommendations will be the best. What everyone using on their farms etc?
    Cheers fellas

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Try Central Custom Engineering in Alex. Check them out on FB.

I had the same issue... what to get? Looked around for ages and at all kinds of POS but in the end took a big swig of Fuckitoll and ordered a new trailer from Briford. Best thing I ever did. I ordered a heavy-duty, tipping, single-axle, braked 9 x 5 trailer. Perfect. It's light, tows outstandingly well, easy to move around the back yard, roll-on/roll-off so no more dangerous bloody ramps, and the brakes add just the extra security you need despite the SxS only weighing in around 700 kg. The trailer is so stable I can load and unload without being hooked up to a vehicle.
    Tommy likes this.

Have a Bridford single as well, don't have a side by side but use the trailer a lot and really happy with it, as said light enough to move on your own, even if loaded and balanced well, spare tyre is in a stupid place though

I’ve built a full alloy treadplate folded up one out of one sheet with quad tyres before and cage. The one I took the measurements off we’ve had for 30 years. Still as good as the day it was bought. I can take a photo. Light, rugged.

Been using a landquip 6x4 atv trailer on farm. Had it coming up 14 years with no major issues. Only replaced the ply on the deck and the tyres Also has a stock crate. Would have to check load rating. Think its was 400kgs.

Name:  858B0107-DE4E-45EC-B79D-45E8C04987FF.jpeg
Views: 499
Size:  7.40 MBName:  CC4EE40C-4F76-4CDF-9A1B-733C9EC846D9.jpeg
Views: 429
Size:  7.23 MB
    Can use tyres and hubs rated to 900kg
    A330driver likes this.

trailer for sxs ..... hmmm, that's some serious firepower for a shottie. Maybe something like this ?Name:  gun carriage.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  115.0 KB
    Padawan likes this.

I've done wofs on Brifords here and there, and I'm always really impressed by how well made they are. Last one I saw was a mid 80's one, flew straight through. You could see it was real well finished before a grunty galv, with a water blast you'd think it was a year old
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    @possum_shooter Whatever you do, make sure you use proper trailer hub & stub kits for your axle. I would recommend avoiding the integral type rims that run the 6205 ball bearings on a simple stub axle, these don't last. Also be aware that normal 8" ATV aftermarket wheels for trailers only have a load capacity of about 160kg @ 7psi each. I've seen them run at a lot more than 320kg loaded and go the distance when used with a set of 450-500kg leaf springs.

Cheers fellas, that's gives us a few options to think about

Just to update you all, ended up going with a Briford trailer