Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By samba
  • 1 Post By cambo
  • 2 Post By hunt08
  • 1 Post By veitnamcam
  • 1 Post By Danny
  • 2 Post By smidey
  • 2 Post By deadidick

Thread: Used trailers

Used trailers

Anyone know what a used trailers worth .
    Two to choose from both heavy duty brifords
    Tandem , brakes ,ladder racks , 10x5 . Both well used but still sound . One galv one painted . I can buy the paint one $2600 or galv $3100 . Thoughts ?
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Cheek the pricing on trademe, My old man has been looking at them new around that price.
    In saying that these are possibly built better but worth cheeking out

If they are quality that's a good price. If a trailer to that spec was that price new I would stay away from it as it will be built shit. To build a new trailer with good gear you would struggle to do it at cost to the prices you have been offered.
    Munsey likes this.

They look like Briford trailers.
    If they are, they are VERY good quality. A galv trailer will last longer than a painted 1.
    I have a Briford and haven't touched a thing on it in 17yrs (apart from tyres, only because I wanted commercial tyres) and it has taken a beating!!

Ex commercial trailers still go for good coin, especially here in CHCH at the moment. Most manufacturers have a huge waiting list. And demand for 2nd hand is huge. Plenty are being stolen around here as well.
    Munsey likes this.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Id buy the galv one it cost you more than the difference to paint it later down the track when it needs painting I got one build a year ago it was 1500 x 3600 it cost $7k
    Savage1 and Munsey like this.

Brifords are good trailers, the only fault with the tandums is they can wear the equaliser pivots in the suspension alarmingly fast if used on gravel/potholed roads, that said it is a cheap fix.

Don't know what they are worth new but a quick google should tell ya.
    Munsey likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Cheers guys they are brifords , spoke to them today and a trailer to this spec (2.5 ton ) around 6 k .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Can't substitute for quality. I am just finishing one now. No change from $2K galvanised.
    It's not the size your looking at and all the labour isn't thrown into that cost...
    That's a good trailer, I'd buy the galv one.
    Munsey likes this.
    Dan M

Get the galv one, the painted ones rust from inside out ass there's no paint inside the box section

Sent from my workbench
    Savage1 and Munsey like this.
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Hey Munsey,
    I have just had to buy a replacement trailer for one of my subbies as his one got nicked from work when some scummers broke in and raided our warehouse.
    From what I have seen anything going for around $1800 on the net is imported shite, Light gauge and welded built at some sweat shop in china by little kids wearing beer bottles for welding googles. Another of the boys from work purchased a $2500 trailer from Bummings, built a dog box on it and was towing his hounds to Taupo last weekend and the draw bar failed on the under side buckled and collapsed. So you don't anything for $2500 in tandem axle.
    Id say if they are Brifords that those prices aren't bad. A decent NZ made Galv 8 x4 or 8 x5 are going for around $3K, and that's for single axles. Prices look pretty good to me. Thell last for donkeys as well.
    Munsey and NZMacca like this.

I have just finished a trailer 3.4 x 2m tipper retail close to 5k . A braked 2000 kg hubs $1400 just for part then you need to build the trailer . The engineering companies buy steel and hubs and stubs, cable, couplink rims and tyres at wholesale rate .if you decided to build a trailer for yourself with out discount you needs to add on 40% at least