Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: import partnership

import partnership

Anyone interested in creating an import partnership with me to bring in a bitch out of Europe -particularly Norway ?
    It is more than I can afford alone but another another angle Im looking at to increase our blood in NZ .
    It could cost between 6-10k but would be top of the line blood lines
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

my advise is to buy or acquire an older adult bitch, and bring her in already in pup to the best sire you can find.
    that way your import syndicate will get some thing for the investment, the gene pool will get a boost not just a one off bitch.
    you could recoup a bit of cost by selling a pup or two to oz and recoup most of the import and purchase price with the second litter.
    i'd also adjust your cost expectation, depending on the price you pay for the bitch it will be more like 8-12.

on the plus side so long as the bitch was microchipped and rabies jabbed at 3 mths you will only have a 3 mth wait before shipping which will give you a good window to arrange mating etc.

If I can find a partner in this I will ask Frank Tommy to help me if he will oblige me.The big thing is finding a partner who is keen.
    Great Idea Kawhia !!!!

get ya wallets out lads

I have chatted with another Setter aficionado who may be interested in working with me on this new import -fingers crossed we may have some new blood -I will keep post once this is confirmed but please let me know if anyone wants to be involved in importing setters -divided by 2 is soooo much better

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    get ya wallets out lads
    I already have mate, you won't get any sympathy from me

and i have been tagged with wanting to make a quick buck so count me out

who gets the import ,, and were, when, how, does the partner-ship start and finish in terms of the dogs live and..... ect....
    what the standard happening's in a partnership ,,,, has anyone on here had any experience in dog partnership

its not a pointer, so not worth the ..........
    EeeBees likes this.

As Setter owners are Gentleman some what like myself dressed in Tweed I cannot see any problems happening
    The whole Idea of the import is to give us both a new dog as both our dogs are getting on plus add a whole new blood line in NZ if possible .
    I have to get all the facts concerning price before going yehaaa but things are moving -I also have had contact from Western Australia but to date the emails that have been sent have been bouncing back to the sender

Quote Originally Posted by kawhia View Post
    and i have been tagged with wanting to make a quick buck so count me out
    there is nothing wrong with making a quick buck as long it is honest and has the best interest of the breed in mind -and the new owner of course but sometimes they need to find out the hard way and become better dogmen and woman --dont feed or entertain the tall poppy syndrom types up there arses

and with comments like that , people will be knocking your door down to be involved

there are always people that knock in more ways than one --I just leave them at the door step knocking as I dont want to entertain their petie fivilty's

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimaicockher View Post
    who gets the import ,, and were, when, how, does the partner-ship start and finish in terms of the dogs live and..... ect....
    what the standard happening's in a partnership ,,,, has anyone on here had any experience in dog partnership
    this is something worth throwing some time at--whats your thoughhts

would have to be worked out early on, changing the conditions half way through the process could lead to problems.
    you would have to take into account the person working her will also be the same person rearing the litter, which will also incur major costs.
    you would also need to make firm intentions on the breeding options for the future, a brood bitch is capable of having 3-4 litters in her life time.
    male selection would have to be a mutual plan.

have you decided on which way you would go yet, bitch in pup or just a bitch.
    what are you choices for nz males