Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mighty Mix

Mighty Mix

Thought I would try some for the first time, fed my dogs last night and its like they are on P today Plenty of energy in that food!!!

Quote Originally Posted by horihunter View Post
    Thought I would try some for the first time, fed my dogs last night and its like they are on P today Plenty of energy in that food!!!
    Did you like it too?

yeah, feed them less on it Hori, they will condition up on that stuff in no time

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post

Did you like it too?
    Has a slightly fishy smell so couldnt help myself

I reckon I can see some condition coming on the Vizsla allready, got some of the biscuits too, they will be what goes in the pack when we are heading up the hill.
    Have just been feeding them the crecommended amounts, although the vizsla is on the conditioning amounts rather than maintenance

it has a different effect to some dogs, some do too well on it.
    if you want to bulk up your dog, {pointing breeds} muscle wise i would be feeding it along with a working dog mix high protein dry, science diet or eukanuba.

Good point Kawhia, I have found that the Purina puppy mix (the high protein kibble mix) is just as good at putting weight on dogs that are hard to put weight on. The Mighty Mix I only have used in the past as a remedy, made skinny dogs fat real quick. Not bulk, actual fat. On a dog that runs KMs apon KMs a day. Pretty potent - use with caution!

I use it in the winter to keep condition on my pointer works a treat. You have to wean them on to it as is very rich and goes straight through them otherwise. Used it when my bitch was in pup , she did real good, looked a million bucks. Made it easy to shift pups (all 10) when the mum is looking primo. Have found the dry biscuit no as good as the frozen