Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

WANTED Foster Home OCT12-FEB13

Hey guys,

I am hoping that someone here may know someone that knows someone that can help. A friend of mind has gotten himself into a bind and sadly thinks the only way out is to re-home his three year old male GSD.

I know this dog well and have done throughout his life - he is a high needs GSD as most shep's with inexperienced handlers can be.... not saying he hasn't been loved and looked after, but he shows aggression towards other dogs initially and may do to some people as well. He was trained from a young age with a mixure of positive reinforcement and traditional methods to provide personal security and worked alongside his owner very long hours in security. He learns quickly and is well mannered in the home.

He is currently in Christchurch but is able to travel to his foster home.

awesome purebred German Shepherd dog | Trade Me

Thanks for reading. I really think situations like this should never happen if people really think about the long term needs of a dog before taking one home but alas "shit happens". Hopefully my friend will not have to part with his boy in the long run.

Here's my boy Jet (now 30kg) about a year ago on a trip to the river with Felix, pure bred Shep about 10months older than Jet.

Name:  IMG_20110911_133456.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  522.7 KBName:  IMG_20110911_133543.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  445.4 KBName:  IMG_20110911_133731.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  431.0 KBName:  IMG_20110911_134844.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  531.8 KB
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Sorry to hear about that, it is a big ask for somebody to take on a dog like that as a temporary arrangement, you would just be getting somewhere with it and have to give it back so would be hard to warrant the risk and effort involved. I hope he finds a solution that leads to a positive outcome for all involved

I was hoping someone else would have put there hand up by now.
    This is asking to look after him for a while till he gets things sorted?
    If he supplies a kennel and sorts rego etc Il look after him if he plans to take him back.
    Dont really need another dog but wouldnt be the first time.

I am the last resort ok
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Cam, bless you! And yes Hori that's the thing! I'd take him but I wouldn't want to give him back after putting the work in. (Also, I'd change his name - Felix for a dog? Stupid lol) I've been taking three dog classes a week now and am really getting a knack for training. My boy is absolutely awesome and it has been a plan to get a second shepherd (preferably the Belgian kind though) - but no way am I putting my neck on the line with my land lord AND taking on a huge ask just to give him back.

I wish my mate bought the dog from a preoper breeder - often they don't mind taking their dogs back for a few months to help out certain situations.

Cam I'll keep you posted mate.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Re: WANTED Foster Home OCT12-FEB13

Dougie can you PM or tx me some more details about the owners situation. Need to fill in the other half and dont really want to end up with 3 dogs permanently.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.