Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: August Auckland Gong shoot

August Auckland Gong shoot

After the success last month of the Auckland NZhunting and shooting competiton gong shoot we have decided to run another -now when I say success I mean all that were there had a great time -learnt something and wanted to come back-only 2 members were there out of 7 shooters Me and Lurcher .

I hope we can attract a few more participants from further away this time as it was a really good day and those that want to stay the weekend will get first dibs on a place for this shoot .

My mate Matt will again supply all Targets and is available for the 25th of August .Because these shoots are from multiple stations that are manouvere to on foot and it does take most of the day with a troop .
    Due to daylight hours or the lack there of we have limited availability as far as numbers go so make yourselves known asap .
    Remember the comp costs nothing but we have to pay the farmer to ustilize his property -firstly and as always gun saftey must be observed and the range officer of the day word is final concerning gun safety .

We are able to camp and are right next to the coast so one can fish a night if your that keen .
    Bomb fire and booze and bullshit storys of shots that shoulda hit but didnt for 250 different reasons other than yourself ! lol
    Prize is a cap from Sportsway gun shed

I get my rifle back this week so I'm in, gutted I couldn't get to the last one.

i would be keen if it was mid oct on wards. so if august goes well and you want to run another shoot i will be keen,

I hope to run them often as long as I and others are having fun.They are a fun comp which grow to utilize different skills

Anyone one from down the line interested in coming to the shoot up in Auckland

El Borracho, I am local, but have never shot steel, if there is still room, would be keen to come and have a crack. what do I need to know..? What distances..?

Speill the distances range from 340-860y . All that we ask is you come prepared -ie have your rifle sorted out with your dope so we not screwing around holding up the event helping someone with stuff that should be sorted before the shoot -other than that not much .Kit to have is a range finder although not ranges can be given on the day / shoot with a friend if possible that can spot your shots with his scope or spotting scope /note book and pen /a scope that has at least 30 moa of elevationor what ever it takes to get to 860 yards / not be asking people for stuff you dont have /
    shoot the whole comp and not piss off 2 hours into it because your wife wants you to come home and do the dishes --
    other than that there stuff all else one needs than be ready to have a really good day with other shooters

Yay! Looking forward to the next one of these! I'm keen.
    Manufactured Commercial Small Arms 2010 USA Vs. Commercial Small Arms 2010 Imported to NZ
    ... 1,800,000.00 / 8,000.00 = 0.44%

Thats the spirit Dan, we need a few more like you that are as keen as mustard

how close to auckland are they?? have a sister i should visit soon when my new scope turns up

Count me in

We shoot in Northern Muriwai 20 minutes from Parakai pools

Any reticle ranged targets planned ,and how many round shoot for the day .

this time yes for a reticle range and shoot-any other stuff people would like to give a go -loop hole shooting maybe- id like to do that myself

I am keen, just need to check my roster.