Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sarvo Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Central Branch , NZ Antique Arms Gun Show - Sunday This Weekend

I don't think there ever was a shit fight.
    The Branch Secretary had the notification out to members at 21:28 hrs last night, 28 minutes after the official announcement.
    No doubt there were other methods of communications used last evening as well.

The decision to cancel was obviously acted upon very quickly.

Forgotten but not gone
    Its a disappointment , but knowing that many of the table holders come from Auckland and points north , its not an unexpected turn of events. Just pleased I found out before driving nearly three hours .....
    Be more involved and less impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    Its a disappointment , but knowing that many of the table holders come from Auckland and points north , its not an unexpected turn of events. Just pleased I found out before driving nearly three hours .....
    Possibly most of the table holders stayed overnight. I think they set up the arvo before.
    Last time I went we stayed in a motel Saturday night and all the adjacent units were either table holders or viewers.
    Yeah, so a big disappointment with some affected worse than others.

I see the last day of the Wairarapa air show got canned also and I presume there will be lots of other examples.

Resident Curmudgeon Kiwi Sapper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I don't think there ever was a shit fight..............................The decision to cancel was obviously acted upon very quickly.
    @zimmer You misunderstand me. My comment was in relating to any "discussion" here, on this site, about the meaning of "100".

Certainly NOT in any way connected to the oganising committee of the NZAHAA event.
    “There was a moment's suspense while Conscience and Sheer Wickedness fought the matter out inside him, and then Conscience, which had started on the encounter without enthusiasm, being obviously flabby and out of condition, threw up the sponge.”

...............I see the last day of the Wairarapa air show got canned also and I presume there will be lots of other examples.
    Sadly, also the PATEA RSA 100 year centenial celebration scheduled for 6 March.... JUST BY ONE DAY.
    “There was a moment's suspense while Conscience and Sheer Wickedness fought the matter out inside him, and then Conscience, which had started on the encounter without enthusiasm, being obviously flabby and out of condition, threw up the sponge.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    @zimmer You misunderstand me. My comment was in relating to any "discussion" here, on this site, about the meaning of "100".

Certainly NOT in any way connected to the oganising committee of the NZAHAA event.
    Apologies, reread your post.

So the “ deals” would have been done and everyone left for home this am? After some suitable lubrication
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Think of all those planned events who have done months of planning and have rented and paid for a venue to find out in the 23 hour, boom, you cant do it. This must be gut-wrenching not to mention hugely financially damaging for those organisations.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    So the “ deals” would have been done and everyone left for home this am? After some suitable lubrication
    Ha ha, many years ago at one of the shows I did a deal for an old 22 out the back of the club in the car park. The owner pulled it out of his truck and handed it to me to examine. No one batted can eyelid (although in truth the car park was full of like minded individuals).
    Different reaction could be expected nowadays maybe.

Apologies, reread your post.
    @zimmer No apologies necessary My Old Darling..............Just allocate me a brownies point I can use when I next cock up :>)