Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: NZHS Rimfire Postal Shoot 2013

NZHS Rimfire Postal Shoot 2013

This is the second NZHS Forum Rimfire Postal Shoot. This post is the general introduction to the shoot. I will follow this post with some general rules, then some equipment and shooting rules, the events themselves and finally post the links to the targets.

The shoot is set to be a bit of fun and provide sufficient challenge to give us all something to have a laugh at afterwards.

The shoot format is very similar to last year though i have refined a couple of rules a little. There is some speed shooting, some positional shooting and supported shooting as well.

Please note this competition is not only open to forum members. Anyone can have a go, but it will be the forum members and their family members that will provide the most entertainment for the rest of us.

If you don't have a printer for the targets then get in touch with myself. I'll post you out some targets.

Closing date for shot targets to get back to me is the 16th of October 2013.

General Shoot Rules

Once the competitor has completed shooting they shall mail or scan their targets and send them with the following details to the organizer (Gillie, PM me for my email if you need it) by no later than the nominated date.
    Name:
    Male / Female:
    Age (If 13 years or under)
    North Island / South Island:
    I’ll score all the targets and post the scores on the forum.
    Inward scoring shall be applied – if you cut the line its in. No gauging shall be applied to the scoring.
    North Island vs South Island scoring will be based on the average score of competitors competing on behalf of that Island. I might post out a couple of prizes to individual competitors as well.

Rifle and Shooting Rules

• Any rim fire caliber rifle is allowed including .22short, .22LR, .17HMR, .22Mag, etc
    • No restriction on the type of sights.
    • Only one rifle shall be used throughout the shoot unless a serious malfunction occurs and the rifle cannot be further used.
    • Junior shooters (aged 13 and under) can be helped load the rifle. No other assitance shall be given to the shooter within the time limit.
    • While shooting positions of prone, kneeling and standing the rifle should be supported by only the hands, check and shoulders. The cradle position can be used in a sitting competition.
    • When shooting prone the hand which supports the rifle fore end must be at least 75mm off the ground.
    • Slings may be used if you can get it setup and tight within the time limit. So for position 2 and 3 you start the time limit with the magazine/rifle loaded but the sling off your arm.
    • Where “Off Pack” shooting is allowed any fore end support may be utilized including a bipod, pedestal rest, sand bag, pack, etc… Any rear stock support that is not rigidly connected to the fore end support may also be allowed including the non-firing hand, a sand bag, pack, etc…
    • Unlimited sighting shots at the various distances are allowed but must not show on your final target. Once the time limit has started only the nominated number of rounds shall be fired.
    • No wind flags are allowed.
    • Junior shooters (aged 13 and under at the date of shooting) who are unable to hold the rifle reasonably steady can have another person help them hold the rifle fore end. This decision shall be at the discretion of the parent or supervising person and shall be notified on the target when they are submitted for scoring.
    • For Shooting position 1, junior shooters (aged 13 and under at the date of shooting) may have the time limit extended by a further 10 seconds.

Shooting Positions

SHOOTING POSITION 1
    Five rounds standing shot at 25m.
    The competitor shall start 5m back from the firing line with their rifle and magazine unloaded.
    Once directed to start the competitor will move forward to the firing line and load and fire their 5 rounds at the target.
    The total time for this event shall be 30 seconds for a semi auto and 35 seconds for a bolt action, pump action or single shot rifle.
    The target shall be the nominated Rabbit target.
    Total possible score for this event shall be 50 points.

SHOOTING POSITION 2
    Five rounds kneeling/sitting shot at 25m.
    The total time for this event shall be 1 minute. The competitor may start with their rifle loaded but out of the shoulder.
    The target shall be the nominated Magpie target.

SHOOTING POSITION 3
    Five rounds prone (unsupported) at 50m.
    The total time for this event shall be 1 minute. The competitor may start with their rifle loaded but out of the shoulder.
    The target shall be the nominated Possum target.

SHOOTING POSITION 4
    Five rounds prone (off pack) shot at 100m.
    The total time for this event shall be 30 seconds. The competitor may start with their rifle loaded and in position.
    The target shall be the nominated Wild Cat target.

Target Links

Rabbit Target.pdf

Magpie Target.pdf

Possum Target.pdf

Wild Cat Target.pdf

As i said if you need targets PM me and i'll try and help you out. I am away overseas soon for a while but will be back a couple of weeks before the finish date.

Thanks Gillie, how would all the 'Jafa's' feel about meeting up one sat/sun and do this together?

should be able to find a weekend that suits all/most....

i dont have land to shoot on, but will organise if someone is keen!!!!.come on it will be fun......
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Ejected
    Cheers Gillie it sounds like a good laugh. I could be keen to meet up in Auckland sometime.

I'm keen if i can get a maternity pass for a day

Im in

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Sweet, hopefully I will improve on last year's score!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

ebf
    Gillie, question on the targets. Anything outside the lowest scoring ring, but still on the animal, do we score that as zero ?

So for instance on the Possum, a shot between the front paws would score zero ?
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Yep, anything outside the scoring rings will be scored a zero...

I am hoping to get round to shooting my entry this weekend. Given the lack of practice i had recent;y i doubt i will be able to repeat last years score

I need to get some ink for printer and some time.

Let me know within a few days if you want some targets. I should be able to post you some in the next week or so. Then i am on holiday.

Just need to remind the manager of stores and supplys.