Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 18650 batteries

18650 batteries

Anyone tried these batteries off TM. Some are quoted at 5000mAh. Is that for real or bullshit?

Ejected
    Usually way over estimated. I just buy them from dx.com. Grab yourself one of the $12us surefire led torches well your there, they are awesome for the price. Just get the 2 mode one though.

mine were only 2400 work OK "Trustfire"is good,can also rip a laptop battery apart and get 6 not sure what mAh they are.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out." -

Yep dx
    At the cheap price they are buy 4 sets who cares if they crap out
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Anyone tried these batteries off TM. Some are quoted at 5000mAh. Is that for real or bullshit?
    That is rubbish. We mainly use some 2400 or 3000 mAh Trustfire batteries that work very well but are looking at getting some good Panasonics for the really high drain torches. And after testing the torches at the weekend I have to say they work very well indeed; could see the walls of a house lit up at 1km away and easily shoot animals out to 300m with a good 150m+ of well lit area behind to check firing zone backdrop.
    FletchNZ likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    That is rubbish. We mainly use some 2400 or 3000 mAh Trustfire batteries that work very well but are looking at getting some good Panasonics for the really high drain torches. And after testing the torches at the weekend I have to say they work very well indeed; could see the walls of a house lit up at 1km away and easily shoot animals out to 300m with a good 150m+ of well lit area behind to check firing zone backdrop.
    What sort of torches and where do you get them from?
    CreepingDeath likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    What sort of torches and where do you get them from?
    Maxtoch SN6X-2, with a new LED, de-domed, and a couple of other tweeks, though the standard model still lights up the house at 1km just not quite as brightly. Find them on aliexpress. Now I've got the kit together I need to send it to Bill999 as promised.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

What batteries would I order with this?

Thanks

i got some ultra fire ones 2400 mAh work gr8
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I bought a spare battery for my work laptop, one of the fancy 8 hour jobs from a light $3000 laptop, and I never claimed for it, so I ripped it to bits because I read on here somewhere you get good batteries out of them.

Is that what I have? 18650 batteries?
    Yeap,clean the spotweld off and charge in appropriate charger.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out." -

Ejected
    Well bugger me. Just whipped the top off the torch I was given, the one that has had flat batteries for 'a few days' and it has these in it. Some trustfire thing that goes real good.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    They are plain and pink all over, what voltage charge? 1.5? Normal charger?
    NOT normal charger,and they bout 3.7 volts.Charger is a "TrustFire"multi,model TR-001.two at a time.

From DX free postage,I'll see if I can find the SKUhttp://dx.com/p/trustfire-all-in-one-charger-for-10430-10440-14500-16340-17670-18650-cr123a-4151
    Bugga,that didn't work,what did I do wrong?
    Last edited by madjon_; 18-04-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    NOT normal charger,and they bout 3.7 volts.Charger is a "TrustFire"multi,model TR-001.two at a time.

From DX free postage,I'll see if I can find the SKU.
    Bugga,that didn't work,what did I do wrong?
    Buy TrustFire All-in-One Charger (for 10430/10440/14500/16340 /17670/18650/CR123A)

Take that Bisch!!