Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Gerardo
  • 3 Post By 300_BLK
  • 1 Post By ROKTOY
  • 1 Post By GSP HUNTER
  • 1 Post By Feral

Thread: Adventure King Big Deluxe double swag

Adventure King Big Deluxe double swag

Hi team,

Does any one have experience with the adventure king
    Big Daddy double deluxe swag. We are looking at this as
    An option for a fast set up and comfortable sleep truck based camps.

Misses not into the roof tent angle.

Also looking at the adventure kings awning side wall
    To with it. We run a Toyota Hilux SR5.

Any feedback, experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

watching thread with interest (same boat)

Not that this is helpful, but i have a mate who had an adventure king awning. Didn't last. Cheap though.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    XR500 likes this.
    Ubique.
    Once divided, always conquered.

I have one,

Amazing bit of kit. Sleeps all four of us 2 x kids and missus and even the dog when the kids tent exploded in the night (ripped and poles snapped).

Follow the instructions for seasoning it and get a ground tarp to protect the bottom. I would also recommend some bungys to pull the sides at the base (on the ends) to the pegs to tighten it and give it more volume. Google review and you will see what i mean, i watched a 4wd fellow from aussie do it.

I liked it som much we have a single for the kids to share, now they are a bit too big to squeeze in together we will get another single.

They will put up with rain, snow, sub zero and anything else you throw at them.

Can't rate them enough!
    GSP HUNTER, Feral and Blisters like this.
    Warm Barrels!

We have one, Ours has a few minor stitching holes in the corners floor well that I siliconed over to keep it watertight, Otherwise it sheds water well. They only negative other than the floor is that the sides droop into the tent, there are a few fixes that seem to work well, We rigged up a second set of guy ropes that clip onto the fibreglass poles at each end to help pull the sides tight. We run a tarp over ours in wet weather to allow dry entry/exit. They are warmer overnight than a standard two wall tent. Darker too which is good for the kids and the occasional sleep in.
    Tall enough to sit up in and get changed, room for a couple of gear bags/packs at the end so long as you aren't as tall as Dannyb. Glad we got ours.
    I have read stories on other forums of poorly stitched ones, but they were replaced by Adventure Kings no questions asked from memory.
    GSP HUNTER likes this.

When I eventually get around to getting a swag, it’s probably going to be an arb or a darche model, these seem to be built to last, and as it’s quite an outlay then I what the maximum bang for my buck, some things you get what you pay for, and if you want to keep the missus happy...

I have the equivalent made by rugged life, couple of bungy cords helps stop the sides sagging in though. Super warm and comfy too. Only improvement I could think of would be a stretcher to set it up on just to make getting in and out a bit easier with an average back

So this got me looking again and I actually managed to find the ARB SkyDome model I am after not 5 mins drive away, popped in after work and they had it set up in their showroom, it’s a single, smaller that I thought it would be but once I got down on the floor and had a good look and measure I realised it would fit me, my gear, my rifle, and probably the dog too.
    Or me and the missus, not room for more than one bloke though, which is fine for me.
    Can also get a stretcher that has straps to tie the swag to it and is just the right size for it...has a boot bag too, must be an Aussie thing as I have never needed a boot bag before, could be good for storing a six pack I suppose.

Will probably go and grab one tomorrow, not cheap but good stuff never is, the band saw project may have to go on hold...

Thanks team, read 5ge reviews and taken the plunge, will write up once we season it and take it on tour. Got the mods lined up to keep her tight.

Need a decent awning, sounds like Adventure king ones are not quote as robust. Maybe the arb or any other
    suggestions?
    Blisters likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    So this got me looking again and I actually managed to find the ARB SkyDome model I am after not 5 mins drive away, popped in after work and they had it set up in their showroom, it’s a single, smaller that I thought it would be but once I got down on the floor and had a good look and measure I realised it would fit me, my gear, my rifle, and probably the dog too.
    Or me and the missus, not room for more than one bloke though, which is fine for me.
    Can also get a stretcher that has straps to tie the swag to it and is just the right size for it...has a boot bag too, must be an Aussie thing as I have never needed a boot bag before, could be good for storing a six pack I suppose.

Will probably go and grab one tomorrow, not cheap but good stuff never is, the band saw project may have to go on hold...
    where abouts?

Love mine. Have two for our family of 4. They are big bits of kit to transport tho, so beware of that. We tend to put them up and then run a 6x4 fly over the pair for an admin area.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    GSP HUNTER likes this.