Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Andrew boots

ebf

Andrew boots

Popped into Footwear and Apparel (previously NFAD) today to look at boots.

If the young sales guy is to be believed, it sounds like they are winding down stock of the Andrew boots, apparently not selling as much of them as they had hoped.

Not sure if this affects the Andrew Wilderness SPX as well, that's the model sold only through Hunting & Fishing.

Pity, they look like quality boots and I know some guys on here rate them.

Next option is to go look at some Gronell Tibets @ Bivouac.

@BRADS
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Heard good things about them I think, same with Hanwag. La Sportivas are solid too and a good fit for my feet so I tend to just stick with them.
    Last edited by GravelBen; 26-09-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Some interesting threads at the "other pub" on Andrews boots and Lowa's from memory.

I need a pair of proper hunting boots but I'm not spending big money if they fall to bits after a few days "actual use"
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

The Andrews boots H&F have exclusive rights to are the Andrews GZ2. I have these boots and rate them highly, very well made and comfortable to wear on multi day hunts.
    I would happily get the Wilderness SPX as well (almost did get these instead).

Pretty sure the price has gone up $50 odd bucks on all their boots in the past 6 months also.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

Um they now also have the wilderness exclusive according to their catalogue. I bet they have gone direct to manifacturer, they do it all the time and take it from the NZ distributor and yet dont hand over the savings

I have the wilderness and rate them, current pair 12 months in and no issue. Yes like anything you can have duds

Hamish
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

How un-competitive of H&F. 18 months ago I could have gotten the Wilderness model cheaper (just) through Farmlands. Decided on the GZ2 for the additional ankle support for when in the real steep country. Still good boots, they still look near new, even with plenty of use.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

bivouac also stock lowas and asolo and a few other brands, if you want I can check what they have in store
    #BallisticFists

Quote Originally Posted by HNTMAD View Post
    Um they now also have the wilderness exclusive according to their catalogue. I bet they have gone direct to manifacturer, they do it all the time and take it from the NZ distributor and yet dont hand over the savings

I have the wilderness and rate them, current pair 12 months in and no issue. Yes like anything you can have duds

Hamish
    I don't blame them, like everyone else nz distributors are reaming it
    #BallisticFists

Quote Originally Posted by scoped View Post
    I don't blame them, like everyone else nz distributors are reaming it
    You missed the point, if they are they are not handing it on to us so in effect double clicking??

Yeah no place for nz distribution people, shut them all down. Order on the net and have absolutely no after sale service. Makes sense to me

I and others are happy to pay a little more for at home service. Sure if nz purchased in the same quantity as those off shore we may just get a discount?? Simply we don't have the demand and I would imagine in certain areas it is getting less and less due to purchasing on the net.

Hamish

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

You missed the point, if they are they are not handing it on to us so in effect double clicking??

Yeah no place for nz distribution people, shut them all down. Order on the net and have absolutely no after sale service. Makes sense to me

I and others are happy to pay a little more for at home service. Sure if nz purchased in the same quantity as those off shore we may just get a discount?? Simply we don't have the demand and I would imagine in certain areas it is getting less and less due to purchasing on the net.

Hamish

If it was only a "little more" I would be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    If it was only a "little more" I would be with you.
    I don't mind spending a bit more to buy from places that actually provide good service. Unfortunately some of them (larger chains especially) seem to just inflate the price without actually adding any value.
    mikee likes this.

ebf
    Gronell Tibet, very nice but too narrow
    Lowa Tibet (fark ! $ 699) - narrow across bridge of foot even before doing up the laces...

I'd really like to get something with a rand for more durability, but looks like I am going back to the old faithful Grisport Kawekas.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Gronell Tibet, very nice but too narrow
    Lowa Tibet (fark ! $ 699) - narrow across bridge of foot even before doing up the laces...

I'd really like to get something with a rand for more durability, but looks like I am going back to the old faithful Grisport Kawekas.
    Do you have Hobbit Feet my friend?? Scarpa??
    ebf likes this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

K95

Hamish

I don't spend the effort on maintaining my boots. I use them then they sit wet for a week or so until I next go out. I get about 2-3 years from a pair. Why would I pay 3 times the price to get them in NZ when I have no intention of maintaining them to the suppliers specs to keep a warranty valid? Makes a whole lot of sense to buy offshore.

I always laugh at people complaining that suppliers won't honor a warranty because of misuse or someother cop out....

Scarpas +1
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.