Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By 25 /08 IMP
  • 1 Post By Savage1
  • 1 Post By Robojaz
  • 1 Post By Jit
  • 1 Post By 308mate

Thread: Anyone running a Twin Needle Molleme as a day pack?

Anyone running a Twin Needle Molleme as a day pack?

Anyone running a twin needle Mollyme as a day pack?

How do you find it?

I'm trying to get an idea of how big it would be on my back with the top half empty, do they squash down quite low i.e shoulder height ?

Cheers

I'm interested in views on this too. Packs seem to be getting skinnier and taller but for most NZ hunting situations a squarer pack that sits well below the shoulder-line is better when pushing through the scrub.

I'm running a Ridgeline pack (Mule?) which is okay when empty

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I had one and sold it I found it a well made pack but way too small for me I really struggled getting my gear for a day hunt and an animal in it I have gone to a xpeed lighting awesome pack and super light.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk
    Tahr and 308mate like this.

@Savage1 @gimp weren't you guys running one of these Twin Needle packs at one stage.

@25 /08 IMP never heard of that pack where do they sell them?

I was looking at the Cactus Huntaway as well but they are a lot more expensive and perhaps too big for a day pack for me.

I think I may end up running the Hunters belt too if I go for the Molleme which may free up a lot of space in the pack itself.

MSL
    I had the huntaway, awesome pack, but a bit small for overnight with a deer on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have the Molly me, have a lot of pouches on the outside, use it for evening walks for a few hours. Outside pouches have plb, GPS, cooker kit (cup, cooker, tripod gas, lighter sport, bandana) small 8*25 binos, Maxtorch, first aid, water bottle, sometimes knife on the molly set up (usually my jack inside the pack)

Inside has enough room for bigger crap and a whole whitetail in pieces.
    @Ryan_Songhurst ran one as an overnight setup I believe

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    I had the huntaway, awesome pack, but a bit small for overnight with a deer on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @MSL totally get that, I'm purely after the Twin Needle as a day pack.

Piece of cake I crammed everything in for a couple nights bag,pad sleeping bag.and Exped Mira 2 tent.
    Bit tight but didn't try to hard with cutting things down.
    Used as day bag found it to be good.
    Have used Huntech pikau for year then Swazi Stag bag.
    Reckon I will opt for the Molleme as can fit camera etc in a bit easier.

Yeah I'm st5ill running mine, love it, good quality and does what I need it to, has a very low shoulder height when not full as you can roll the top down.
    308mate likes this.

The Mollyme is a great little pack. Very durable and very well made. The top rolls down and side straps can compress pack when it is not full.

I have used mine predominantly as a day pack, and have had fore and hind legs , backsteaks etc of a Red in it as well as rifle strapped onto outside carrier of pack. I did have to have ends of legs sticking out the top though.

I bought the Mollyme because I wanted a pack that would sit higher above my hips and not rest on my hunting belt when I used it.

I have also used it for an overnight hunt, with pouches attached to outside and hunting belt, it fit all my gear, but there was no room for any meat on the way out. Better as a daypack for all day hunts as opposed to an overnighter.
    308mate likes this.

Jit
    Good packs with lots of flexibility if you are creative with the pouches.
    I’ve used mine as a day pack, the material and Molle straps not ideal for pushing through the thick stuff. A bit noisy.
    Otherwise I use it every week for shooting and range work. It does fit above a hunting belt if you need it too and a couple of small pouches on the back mean it’s easy to quickly grab the essentials without pulling everything out of the pack. If you mount 2 smaller pouches on the back they work a treat as a rifle rest if you don’t use bipods like me.
    They can roll really quite small too so you can take in your big pack on a longer trip if you need too. Although for that purpose I’ve got a Swazi stag bag and use a hunting belt and pouch. Tiny but when unzipped plenty for a deer and quiet too.

I also like the huntaway. Simple and effective. Pricey and a bit limited on colours but a solid pack that a few folks I know use very effectively. Enough space for your boned venison too.

Still a bit noisy if youre pushing though gorse or thick bush.
    308mate likes this.

Cheers for all the replies guys, I will look into getting the pack and hunter's belt combo.
    Nick-D likes this.