Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Backcoutry navigator app coords onto topo50 map

Hey folks,

Just downloaded the backcountry navigator app (androind) and the nz topo50 maps.... all looks sweet.

I want to back up with paper maps and I'm trying to now read the coordinates it gives me onto a topo50..... but its doing my head in. Maybe I've got the settings wrong?
    Has anyone had any luck with this or has and tips (even a good "how to" would be great!)

Chris

Topo 50 guide, scroll to page 16 onward.

Also, this one from Mountain Safety Council

hmmmm... ok?

I have Coordinate Format on BCN set to DDD.DDDDD and are using WGS84/NAD83 Datum.

So for example Renata Hut on BCN is saying -40.991399, 175.084176 is this correct?.... makes no sense to me?

Map says it should be reading 1775288E 5460105N or BP32 753601 which makes perfect sense to me.

Where am I going wrong?

sorry not renata hut...... deadwood

Ok solved the problem..... The Back Country Navigator had doesn't support NZTM2000 Coords (not sure it ever will by the sounds of of the develope feedback)

Switched to New Zealand Topo Maps Pro by ATLOGIS Geoinformatics which does support NZTM2000 and off line downloads of map tiles..... seems to be working pretty good!

http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...atlogis.nzmaps