Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Bang on new hunting boots

I tried on a pair of Ecco Biom Hike boots in The Outdoorsman last week and while they seemed just the bees knees, I thought I'd shop around as the price was $449.
    As the price quoted from most other shops and online was $449-$499 I thought I'd buy them The Outdoorsman while in Rotorua today.
    I tried them on again, "yep I'll take them."
    They were 25% cheaper than last week as a sale was on. Cost $335. :-*
    These are the best boots I've seen in years.
    Rubber soles, not plastic, with good grippy tread and a proper heal for stopping going downhill.
    Made in Denmark using yak leather.

Yak arnt go wrong!

ECCO make a hunting boot?

well ill be darned

do they look like theyll handle the hard use? and what sort of weight are they?

I like boots with a toe protector. After a hard slog (nowadays thats about midday) I tend to not lift my feet so high and start kicking things

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    ECCO make a hunting boot?

well ill be darned

do they look like theyll handle the hard use? and what sort of weight are they?
    They appear to be real well made. I have hunted in Bullers for near 20yrs, but last year I lost both big toenails through a combination of hot feet, feet moving forward in the boot going downhill and 10 days straight hunting. I have been searching for a leather boot with a rubber sole, as opposed to plastic, a proper heal and light weight.
    I saw these boots on display, away from the Rusa, Mendle and others now promoted as hunting boots section, in The Outdoorsman.
    I wore them for the first hunt yesterday and they were great. My feet are no longer moving around inside my boots.
    I always wear Dryline neoprene puttys over my Bullers and wore them over my Eccos.
    I've got boots that cost over $100 sitting unused as they don't suit, so was happy to pay $449 but got them for $335.
    If you are after a hunting boot, I suggest you give Ecco Biom Hikers a try on.

Banned
    There is a very good range of boot around in that price range if you have a shop around.
    I have a bit of a boot fetish and currently own 6 pairs of boot I use for hunting ranging from soft to very stiff soled. I have just retired a 15 year old pair of Scarpas, which shows that good boots do last if you look after them. The main thing is to find a brand/model that fits YOUR foot well regardless of what other people might advise.
    The ECCOs look good and would be a step up from the Bullers for sure.