Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Batteries

Batteries

@gadgetman
    Are these a good buy or are there better options out there ?
    UltraFire 5800 Mah 18650 Batteries+Hard Carry Case | Trade Me
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

They are rubbish. Anything that claims to be above around the 3500mAh region is generally fake like these. They are using the Trustfire flames with Utrafire brand name.

Panasonics are excellent and these Trustfire cells are pretty good (what I use). Prices are steep here but at least you can normally get them. From DX they have cost me about NZ$12.50 a pair at my door in the past.

TrustFire 18650 3000mAh PROTECTED Battery x2 | Trade Me
    Pengy likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Excellent. Thankyou

I had a feeling the claims on MaH were going to be in the same category as some of the light output claims that are common.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Caretaker
    I have six set of those here gadgetmen and they work well

How many do you want pengy I can give you some for free if you need them, brand new never used
    gadgetman likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Are they really that good that you want to give them away
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Panasonics here. @mudgripz will likely know if these are genuine.

2 Panasonic 3400mAh 18650 batteries | Trade Me
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Caretaker
    Wrong application of logic pengy

I bought heaps of them for my big torch but they are really good and I only need four of them and I have twelve.

My extended hand contains them if your interested
    mudgripz, gadgetman and Pengy like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

PM incoming
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Does anyone sell them retail ? Ie dick smith etc . My two million lumen head Lamps have arrived from China . I don't have the patience to wait 4 days for battery's to be posted
    veitnamcam and Pengy like this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Good barstard!!!
    And if you can wait a few weeks Pengy you can get them in person
    Pengy likes this.

Yep, GB for sure. All sorted.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    Wrong application of logic pengy

I bought heaps of them for my big torch but they are really good and I only need four of them and I have twelve.

My extended hand contains them if your interested
    A man after my own heart. I tend to get them in 10 pair at a time to get a discount.

With regard to buying batts if you're starting out get a few off trademe to get yourself going. Good batts = panasonic, orbtronic, sanyo, samsung, xtar, nitecore - NOT NOT NOT ultrafire which is crap). Buy 2600+ mAh, though 3000+mAh work best in XML grunters like the Maxtochs for best runtime.

Then contact Terry at Maxtoch (Amanda's helper - she's off at mo having just had a babe) and cost out a batch of Maxtoch 3100 batts by surface shipping. Maxtoch 3100s are relabelled panasonic 3100s and very good. Group buys and bigger orders = better price per batt. Ask also for the slimmer wrapper 3100s to fit all past and present Maxtoch torches as lots of guys here run the earlier model SN/2S etc and they are all very good. Maxtoch should prove more reliable than FastTech - though they also have been good in the past. And stay well under the $400 total Customs limit (this includes freight costs) for the package as NZ dollar fluctuating alot lately.

Email: amanda@maxtoch.cn This gets to Terry also at present. So if you want some good Maxtoch batts, join with few others and email Terry for a bulk price. Then see how that breaks down per batt - if its viable or not. Delivery time by ship is about 25-40 days? Am also checking with a USA supplier to see if we can get them here cheaper than trademe.

Note: if you're getting ready as we are for bunny shooting season keep an eye on your old batts/trustfires. Quite alot seem to die around 2-4 years, and this can make you think its yr torch malfunctioning - giving poor runtimes, switch problems etc. We've had 3-4 older trustfires let go lately giving 'torch fail' symptoms. So check your batts well - with a voltmeter if necessary. If your torch stops working properly, swap in other cells. If still a problem try a different charger as cheap chargers can have a slot die too. Trustfires 3000s = genuine 2550-2650 mAh - good for the buck, but not as good as panasonic for runtime or reliabiity. Panasonic 3100 and 3400 best I know of.

Here's a thread on ultrafire fakes: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/27603 The 5800mAh ones sell for $5US ex China.
    Last edited by mudgripz; 18-10-2014 at 12:09 PM.
    gadgetman and Pengy like this.

I think we should make a thread in the bulk buy section to see how many people are keen for a bulk buy from Maxtoch?
    anderset20 likes this.

Might be quite popular