Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Best ever multi-tool?

Best ever multi-tool?

Well, I guess this was where multi-tool were conceived ..........

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 644
Size:  147.4 KB
    veitnamcam and 40mm like this.

https://www.leatherman.com/dw/image/...sh=1000&sm=fit

that is cool, but ever since I found a leatherman supertool in the bush in coromandel Iv been a fan.
    Cordite likes this.
    Use enough gun

Cheaper Gerber suspension. Fitted nicely on a belt pouch when I did my first big x-country motorbike run to Birdsville from Newcastle. Great little beasty.
    Haven't been able to find it since my last motorbike run October last year. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    Cheaper Gerber suspension. Fitted nicely on a belt pouch when I did my first big x-country motorbike run to Birdsville from Newcastle. Great little beasty.
    some lucky bastard will find it like I found my leatherman! was it named? I wound up loosing mine (I think Some prick pinched it) Then I brought another second hand! I use it to pull Gerbers apart.
    Use enough gun

Leatherman MUT if you can get 1 out of the US. Bloody ITAR regs. How dangerous is a multitool
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

The best multi tool is the one you have in your pocket when you need it.
    I have a few mostly cheap shit ones....most used is a sheffeild I think....cos it was cheap and I dont mind abusing it or loosing it and its small enough to fit in pocket nicely....it has saved the day many times but is all loose in the hinges and the jaws dont line up anymore and the knife is only good to cut one maybe two things then its blunt.
    The most expensive and also most robust one I have is a Kilmanjaro ballast, its still tight and good after a couple of years....I paid more than this for it usual story https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...SABEgLghvD_BwE

Its knife is not up to the standard of the big leathermans but altho a bit heaver and bulker than my cheaper ones its still a good pocket carry and is very robust.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    Found it today in the bag I take to the gun club-side pocket hiding away. Happy!!!
    40mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Leatherman MUT if you can get 1 out of the US. Bloody ITAR regs. How dangerous is a multitool
    Pretty sure iv seen them in NZ. Love my Leatherman Wave. Pretty much goes everywhere with me. The one handed opening for the knives is mint. Only thing it needs is replaceable wire cutters and they would be perfect.

SiB
    I got a MUT through a local guy on TM a while back. It was part of an AR cleaning kit iirc

Yeah they are available here but at 5x what they cost in the US.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

I have the leatherman charge. The aluminum one not titanium. It is super handy. The cerated blade has a gut hook on it which I use at work for cutting greenhouse plastic. Has a bottle opener for the steinlagers to!!

ive got 3 leather mans which permanently reside in my back pack - hardlybloody suprising im referred to as mc gyver of the nursing world.fixed watches ward clocks loose bloody screws in glasses you name it all comes under psychiatric nursing 101 never bloody taught these days alas!

@kotuku and emergency tonsilectomies and prickle gouging I'm sure

no but once had to use a penknife iconcealed on me to cut the ligature off the throat of a guy who hung himself usung his SOCKS.alas poor bugger didnt survive despite our best CPR efforts.actually how many on here are current with CPR taraining -im not but ive used it NO DUFF'x3 with success at least in short term.
    bears thinking about if your hunting mate dropps in the scrub or maimai.

no duff is military terminology for
    NO SHIT SHERLOCK ITS THE REAL DEAL GET YA ARSE INTO GEAR"

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    I bet more people are injured by the sharp edges on a multi tool blade than a rifle, especially here in NZ......
    csmiffy likes this.