Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By XR500
  • 1 Post By Trout
  • 3 Post By Tahr
  • 1 Post By Trout
  • 1 Post By Friwi

Thread: Best handheld thermal

Best handheld thermal

My 2 year old Burris 50 certainly does the business but no good in fog or inclement weather.
    I have just purchased the latest pulsar rifle scope and it is beyond belief.
    What's are forum members recommendations for a handheld please.

Pulsar accolades, about to be replaced with the new mergers. I have my hands on one of them as soon as stock comes in est August.

Well you have already gone down the best thermal scope line, so just go for its sister handheld. Job done.

Go to the YT channel 'edge of the outback' and see his reviews. Pure gold for what you are looking for.
    GWH and Jukes like this.

Have a InfiRay FH35R hand held.The conotech 50 wouldnt cut thru the dampish misty cold evenings that well.The FH35R produces near perfect results.YT(edge of the out back)speaks very highly of them.Looking forward to spring.
    Shearer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Have a InfiRay FH35R hand held.The conotech 50 wouldnt cut thru the dampish misty cold evenings that well.The FH35R produces near perfect results.YT(edge of the out back)speaks very highly of them.Looking forward to spring.
    I got a Guide hand held for the wallaby. It's good except it is hopeless if the air isn't quite clear. I thought they are all like that, but it seems they are not? The best use for it with me is early to late evening - spot a wallaby with the Guide, pinpoint them with the binos. Bang.
    Trout, GWH and Shearer like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Early May on a cold dury night,the conotech couldnt see the trees across a 200yds clearing.My clip on InfiRAY CH50 could pick out the birds in the trees clear as across the clearing.I fine tuned the conotech as best i could with my 6 months experance with it.Great on a clear star night for 2k watchn deer,but didnt have the horse power thru the moist air.
    Shearer likes this.

Have a look at the pard range, I’m using one and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by Fat ninja View Post
    Have a look at the pard range, I’m using one and rate it
    Yep very impressed with pard gear.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

I have a friend back in Europe who has used and sold pulsar for quite a while. Since he changed to InfiRay he has never looked back.
    Shearer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    Pulsar accolades, about to be replaced with the new mergers. I have my hands on one of them as soon as stock comes in est August.
    Think the Acolade was made in Belarus, that might be the reason for the change. Doesn’t appear to be a better unit.

Last night i was under my car port looking out into the trees 150yds away,could pick out a few birds.As you know it was pissing down with rain,have no problem spotting deer and roos in pouring rain at 150yds.