Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    H.M

Blacklanz bipod question.

Have just brought a sako 75 with a nice wooden stock, am considering getting one of these bipods, but i read a review awhile ago that the adaptor thing that stays on permanently digs into wooden stocks, but they were looking at making some changes to fix this. Anyone got one on a wooden stock that can chuck me some feed back? Cheers. A lot of $$ to spend if it doesn't fit right.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    The adapter comes with some double sided sticky foam tape. I’ve still noticed a bit of movement on all three stocks I’ve fitted adapters to. None are timber. I would consider using a nice bit of firm leather as a gasket between the adapter and a wood stock and not use the foam at all.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

H.M
    Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    The adapter comes with some double sided sticky foam tape. I’ve still noticed a bit of movement on all three stocks I’ve fitted adapters to. None are timber. I would consider using a nice bit of firm leather as a gasket between the adapter and a wood stock and not use the foam at all.
    Cheers for that. Another question you could answer...when fixed to rifle and folded up is there much movement? As i would not be taking it on and off all the time id leave it on when stalking ect.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    There’s still a bit of movement in the spring loaded swivel/pivot point, where the bipod clips to the ball stud. I think it’s so you still have a bit of wiggle room for aiming with legs planted on uneven ground.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

H.M
    Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    There’s still a bit of movement in the spring loaded swivel/pivot point, where the bipod clips to the ball stud. I think it’s so you still have a bit of wiggle room for aiming with legs planted on uneven ground.
    Thanks for the info. Decisions to be made.