Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By GravelBen

Thread: Boots sub $250

Boots sub $250

Looking for some boots for hill/farmland/bush hunting. Being cattle country the ground can be very uneven, so looking for something with a bit of ankle support. I also wade creeks and such bodies of water so water proofing is great.
    Currently looking at HE Maverick's but was wondering if anyone had some other suggestions for supporting, waterproof, lightweight, synthetic, boots that they have found to work well.

looking forward to the advice,
    cheers.
    The steaks are always high in the alps.

talk to @Sarvo
    scottrods, Brian, tetawa and 3 others like this.

What size Hoof are you? I got a pair of Mondeox (?) boots from torpedo 7 at one point for hill work but apparently "I am too heavy " for them and the tend to bend where I dont. They were $399 and on special to about $350 when I got them. I've worn them once on the flat and once on a local walking track (Barnetts park) and I went back to my John Bull Ravens. I could part with them for $175 incl freight if you are lucky enough to have the right sized hoof. (If you are over 90kg dont worry as you will likely run into the same issue had) Size 10.5 / size 45 "engineered" in Italy made in EU....

I eventually replaced them with Sarvo's Talon boots and I found that they work well, but I am still getting my feet used to this style of boot.

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Just got ok before the lockdown so ages ago Savro boots
    Started to use them now and like them

Quote Originally Posted by FoodHunter View Post
    Looking for some boots for hill/farmland/bush hunting. Being cattle country the ground can be very uneven, so looking for something with a bit of ankle support. I also wade creeks and such bodies of water so water proofing is great.
    Currently looking at HE Maverick's but was wondering if anyone had some other suggestions for supporting, waterproof, lightweight, synthetic, boots that they have found to work well.
    I haven't used those HE Mavericks but they look on the soft side for rough terrain. I have a pair of HE Zulus which are more solid and doing well, better than I expected for the cost - slightly over your budget but not by much, I think they were $270 on sale.

As others have said though, Sarvo on this forum imports quality boots from Europe (which will probably last much longer than HE) and has some good deals.
    sometimes1 likes this.