Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Micky Duck
  • 3 Post By Grasshoppa
  • 1 Post By Jhon
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By Jhon

Thread: Buffalo River Safe Help

Buffalo River Safe Help

I have a Buffalo River safe bought as E-B Cat in 2005. Has both digital pin pad and key. One button on the Pin Pad has become very intermittent/unreliable- can take 10 attempts to get a response and sometimes it records two presses with one attempt.

Rather than attempt to pull it apart and clean the contacts I figure I could just change the code so not to include that number. But I've long lost the documentation.

Anyone know how to change the Pin?
    Name:  20220405_160412.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  3.49 MB
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Nobody have one of these? Or all in the same boat with no manual?

sorry bud,mine are much more primative that that one...I will have a google search and see if can find something to help you.

rugerman and Jhon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    Gummon Jhon, "try harder"!😂
    rugerman, timattalon and Jhon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshoppa View Post
    Gummon Jhon, "try harder"!��
    Yeah, true that, tried but downloads from their site don't seem to work on my not so smart smart phone. Will crank up wife's PC and hope that the manual applies to a 2005 safe. Sigh...
    timattalon likes this.

I will do copy and paste of relevant bit for you.

nstall the 9V battery first, located in the front protective Styrofoam (See BATTERY
    INSTALLATION below)
    To open an electronic lock the first time, press the following numbers/symbols on the electronic keypad
    in this order: 1, 5, 9, #.
    (These numbers are preset. You should change the entry code as soon as possible after opening the
    safe to insure proper security.)
    After you have entered the factory code, you will need to turn the handle clockwise to open the door.
    You will have 5 seconds to turn the handle before the locking mechanism is reactivated.
    ENTERING YOUR SECURITY CODE
    To enter your own personal security code, follow the steps listed below.
    1. After opening the electronic safe door (with the preset factory code of 1, 5, 9, #), locate the small
    red button on the inside of the door near the hinge.
    2. Press the red button and then release it. You will hear a beep. The yellow light on the faceplate
    will be activated and will stay on for a period of time that should allow you to enter your code. You
    can only enter your code while the yellow light is on. With the door open and the yellow light on,
    enter your own personal security code, which can be 3-8 digits long, and confirm your new code
    by pressing the “*” symbol on the electronic touch pad. Before you close the door, try the new
    security code to make sure the lock releases the handle so you can turn it and retract the live
    action bolts.
    DO NOT SHUT THE DOOR UNTIL YOU HAVE CONFIRMED THAT THE NEW SECURITY
    CODE HAS BEEN ENTERED CORRECTLY.
    If the code fails, follow steps 1 and 2 again. If the code works successfully, record your combination
    number on the front of this form or somewhere in your records, then you should lock the safe. When you
    open the safe in the future, enter the security code you have set followed by the “#” symbol. If the
    incorrect security code is entered 3 times, you will have an automatic lockout for 20 seconds before you

open the safe in the future, enter the security code you have set followed by the “#” symbol. If the
    incorrect security code is entered 3 times, you will have an automatic lockout for 20 seconds before you
    can try your code again. If the incorrect security code is entered 3 additional times, there will be a 5-
    minute lockout before the code can be retried.
    ATTENTION!
    WHEN REPLACING
    BATTERY, DO NOT PULL
    HARD ON KEY PAD, AS THIS
    WILL CAUSE THE KEY PAD
    CABLE TO UNPLUG FROM
    CIRCUIT BOARD
    TURNING THE KEYPAD SOUND OFF/ON
    To turn the “Beep” sound off, enter code *633 on the keypad.
    To turn the “Beep” sound on, enter the code *66 on the keypad.
    BATTERY INSTALLATION
    Note: When changing the battery, always hold the battery connecting cap while disconnecting or
    attaching the battery. Do not pull on the wires. Doing this could cause the power supply to become
    disconnected from the lock.
    This lock requires one 9V alkaline battery. Under normal use, batteries will last about 1 year. When
    the battery is low and you press a button on the keypad, a red light will come on warning you that the
    battery is low.
    To test the battery, enter your security code. If the batteries are low the red light will come on
    momentarily. To replace the battery, remove the cover by pressing the tab and turning the cover as
    shown in the illustration below. Replace the old batter and screw the cover back in place.
    TROUBLE KEY/OVERRIDE KEY
    A “Trouble Key or Override Key” has been included in the event that you have
    forgotten or lost your security code. Please record the number of your key in a safe
    location in the event the key needs to be replaced in the future. To open the safe
    using the trouble key, follow the steps below:
    1. Remove the cover by turning the cover as shown in the illustration. The lock
    can hang by the connecting cable while unlocking the safe.
    2. Insert the key in the key hole and turn clockwise 1/4 turn (until stopped) in order to unlock the
    safe.
    3. Keep the door open until you have entered a new security code. Before entering your new
    security code remove the key and screw the cover back in place.
    4. Enter your new security code.
    REPLACEMENT TROUBLE KEY/OVERRIDE KEY
    Verification of ownership is required in order to receive replacement key. Contact Customer Servic

TROUBLE KEY/OVERRIDE KEY
    A “Trouble Key or Override Key” has been included in the event that you have
    forgotten or lost your security code. Please record the number of your key in a safe
    location in the event the key needs to be replaced in the future. To open the safe
    using the trouble key, follow the steps below:
    1. Remove the cover by turning the cover as shown in the illustration. The lock
    can hang by the connecting cable while unlocking the safe.
    2. Insert the key in the key hole and turn clockwise 1/4 turn (until stopped) in order to unlock the
    safe.
    3. Keep the door open until you have entered a new security code. Before entering your new
    security code remove the key and screw the cover back in place.
    4. Enter your new security code.
    REPLACEMENT TROUBLE KEY/OVERRIDE KEY
    Verification of ownership is required in order to receive replacement key. Contact Customer Service
    at 1-888-287-6981 to verify registration, then complete the Replacement Form, along with required
    Service Fees. The Replacement Form must include the Serial Number and Lock number, and be
    notarized by
    rugerman likes this.

turn the dial bit anti clockwise.......didnt want to copy that picture LOL...... if this doesnt help you I will dig around for other instructions....

Geeze mate, thanks I'll try it tonight. Now you can go shoot something lol
    Micky Duck likes this.