Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Carpe Diem
  • 1 Post By NZed
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 4 Post By R93

Thread: Bushbuck Bino Bro bino biv

Bushbuck Bino Bro bino biv

Does anyone here have one of these? I have a Twin Needle at the moment and I'm really happy with it, just bought some "spare" binos though and I wouldn't mind giving them a home instead of letting them bounce around the truck, I dont really want to stretch to buying another twin needle just for some spare binos. The bushbuck looks quite good for the money, plenty of features but I'm wondering how that stacks up in the real world, sometimes "plenty of features" means "gimmicky shit that doesnt work or gets in the way" in the real world.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

I've got one. Seems to work as advertised but I can't compare it anything else though (newbie & going out solo).
    My Delta Optical 8x50's just fit and there's plenty of space in bottom for the SNDWAY rangefinder.
    Comfy to wear.
    Quite padded so a lot of protection for binos.
    Have never used the mesh pouch for hydration bladder. I guess if weren't wearing a backpack it'd be useful.
    7mmRM ammo just fits. Any longer would be a problem.
    Gap in the back of the holder to slide phone into is good (I have NZ Topo50 app on my phone)
    So I'd say give it a try. Worst case if it doesn't suit you return it.

Following this with interest as I've been looking at Hunters Element bino bivy and trying to find a Ridgeline Bino Bivy to have a gander at as well.

I have one, seems fine holds my 10x42 leupold cascades fine. My RX1300i fits in pouch at the bottom with 5 rounds in the loops. I have left the bladder holder in(some people seem to remove it), carried my pack for 6-7hrs each way on the weekend with bino harness on and didn't feel uncomfortable. The bino bungy attachments are pretty good so is the locking system. I wouldn't pay the rrp but for $150 i think they are good.

I rate the - Badlands mag bino (just the standard one). Mine holds my Steiners and Bushnell Conx LRF no probs...
    Should be able to get locally too.
    dannyb likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and streams, its where life is clear, where the world makes most sense!

On the bush buck where the range finder goes is there a tie/clip so you can attach your range finder cord to? so if that comes open you don't loose your range finder?

I also run the twinneedle bino harness but my old man recently got the bush buck equivalent, Its a lot more bulky than twinneedles but value for money I cant seem to fault it. I cant see myself buying one but for those that don't want to over extend themselves for a home for the binos its a good alternative
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.

They are a good pouch but have a tendency to open and drop the binos out if you bend over or are hunting in steep country, happened enough to put me off using it anymore. Talked to bushbuck and all they suggested was putting a clip between the top and bottom pouch which kind of defeats the purpose of a quick access harness system

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    On the bush buck where the range finder goes is there a tie/clip so you can attach your range finder cord to? so if that comes open you don't loose your range finder?
    yes, there's a strap in lower part too

I looked at the Swazi bino bivvy. I want something simple and light. Has anyone used one of these and what do you think? I don't want padding and lots of straps and bulk.

I ended up buying the Bushbuck. First impressions are its bloody big, like having a bloody backpack on your chest, I suppose you can store everything in it but it's still a bit bulky for my liking, the clip to open it is also fiddly along with the clasp that holds the bottom compartment shut, it will do for now but I may move it on and get another Twin needle when I have the dollars.
    Pictured with my Brunton Icon 11x44s , awesome score off trademe, little known as they didnt make sporting optics for long, but make medical and laboratory optical equipment, these retailed at nearly $4k when they were new and I got them for $200 glass is easily as good or better than my ELs
    Name:  20191107_080056.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  5.45 MB
    dannyb likes this.
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

R93
    I actually hate bino bivys and would happily just use a harness.
    However when using binos that cost as much as my hunting vehicle a bivy makes the most sense for protecting them.
    I have had and tried all sorts. So far all of them have pissed me off for one reason or another.

While hunting overseas I noticed a few of the bivs I have now getting around.
    They don't have much storage but fit my EL swaros perfectly. They're flexible, comfortable and sit in the right spot on my chest and do not get in the way as much while climbing or open up like others did.
    I only have my binos, couple spare cartridges, firelighter and spare pocket knife in them.
    The biv is new to me so haven't used it much. Don't know if it is robust or how long it will last but so far it is better than all the others I have had or tried.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

@R93 they available here?
    10! has 270 divisors

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    @R93 they available here?
    I have no idea. It was cheap until you add shipping. I got it in Canada so dare say it would be worse getting sent here.
    My Outfitter over there uses one.
    And a few clients from different parts of the States were using them.
    So they seem pretty popular even tho I have never heard of them before.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.