Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 7mmsaum
  • 1 Post By gadgetman
  • 1 Post By Hunteast
  • 1 Post By Barry the hunter
  • 1 Post By No.3

Thread: Coleman lamp repair options

Coleman lamp repair options

Bugger,

Name:  FE56F310-5F0D-4877-90CE-ED62308B4E30.jpeg
Views: 294
Size:  1.81 MB

Picked it up today, amazing condition and with original mantles, instructions however the F*** up fairy visited and valve stem absolutely gummed up or previous owner had “firmly” closed it and now its a little buggered…..anyone know of a good repair shop!!!

@gadgetman perhaps??? pretty sure replacement parts are still around....there was a fella fixing early colman stoves...I go mine off trademe...in its wee blue tin folding hindge lid box...work great.... he was doing up a few of them...no contact details sorry.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Its an older variation but came with a stack of bits and bobs, ill have a look online thanks
    Name:  937D1F01-929D-4E66-B6A8-D63F877DD4F3.jpeg
Views: 264
Size:  721.3 KB

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    Aha, I spy the old Kauri tobacco tins, got a couple of them myself.
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

Caretaker
    There’s spare parts on Amazon
    Micky Duck likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

There is a camping store in town that has a lot of spares.
    XR500 likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

If your thinking of the Caravan and Camping shop in the city, they are about to close and go online only from end of June. And yes they have had parts for those lanterns in the past.
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunteast View Post
    If your thinking of the Caravan and Camping shop in the city, they are about to close and go online only from end of June. And yes they have had parts for those lanterns in the past.
    That's the one.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Try Brittain Wynyard & co-4 Heather street Parnell _Jeff McNamara 093067229 they had spares
    RugerM77 likes this.

I just got a No4 globe off them, probably the last in the wild in NZ though. The spares like that shaft can definitely still be got from overseas, Ebay is another option. Awesome lamps, mine (or rather my old man's that I tidied up after years of neglect) goes bloody well with the replacement globe, mantle and a tickle up in the fuel area.

First time I lit it I set the top of my steel work table on fire - that was an interesting development. Turns out the seal under the fuel cap was perished and hard and decided to crack up as soon as it was exposed to the spirits, as soon as I pressurized the tank the fuel pushed back up and out and the first time I lit it with the new mantle it flashed and then barked a bit like a little dog - wooooooffff!

Took me a little bit to catch on with what had happened, as I was a little new to lighting them (first time I've lit one). I had the fuel cap on the far side so I didn't see that the flames (being white spirits the flames were fairly clear) and it was only when the fire started heading my way that I clicked onto the fact it wasn't contained where it should be. Oh, er, um, far kit!
    7mmsaum likes this.

I have three of the kero burning tilly lamps. Run them on aviation kerosine and they burn far cleaner than store bought kero (and HEAPS cheaper too)