Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Crispi boots

Crispi boots

Gidday, On the hunt for some new boots after my Asolos died. Went and had a nosey at some Crispi Valdres GTX today , nice looking boot and light. but i have wide feet and they didnt have my size in store. Ascent plus GTX look good , not to worried about the orange as most of the time will be covered in mud.Do you have a pair and have given them a good thrash this roar so you can give a good review. cheers MM

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    Gidday, On the hunt for some new boots after my Asolos died. Went and had a nosey at some Crispi Valdres GTX today , nice looking boot and light. but i have wide feet and they didnt have my size in store. Ascent plus GTX look good , not to worried about the orange as most of the time will be covered in mud.Do you have a pair and have given them a good thrash this roar so you can give a good review. cheers MM
    Also interested as I have some Tibet and don't like them at all.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

@Madmax how long did you get out off your asolo's?

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    The Crispi from what I have seen, but not field tested look a very well made boot
    But - make sure you get the right size/style etc - because if they don't suit you after a couple of wears you will get a kicking on resale
    They are not widely known here yet it appears
    Have had them in 2nd hand from Europe and - no more - as just to dificult to resell
    Its all about name dropping in Gods own - if it aint known its worth diddle
    veitnamcam likes this.

I have a set currently up to 11mths out of them I will b going back and getting another pair as had a better run out of them than the mendels I had b4 and the inbuilt crampon comes in handy on frozen hill face

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    @Madmax how long did you get out off your asolo's?
    Hi Bigbear , They are TP535 and a bloody well made boot but like most kiwi blokes i have a wide foot and when i got them they were firm but fine but after 4 years of part time wearing i find my feet ache.
    Still life left in them, might bang them on TM.

On my second pair off asolo's now.First pair about six years old north island hunting. Used the newish pair down south this year but found i got foot sore from them. Could have been just from walking on the hard rocky ground.

I have the Valdres and have just this week purchased a pair of the Nevada safety boot for work.
    Previous to the Valdres I have had a couple of pairs of Asolo's and a pair of Mamots.

The Valdres are super light and are more like wearing a cross trainer than a hiking boot which reduces fatigue in the hills. My only cautionary statement would be that they don't have quite the same level of ankle support as the likes of the Asolo so if you are prone to rolling an ankle then keep that in mind.

The Nevada's are more in line with the Asolo in terms of weight and ankle support.

I love my Valdres and recommend them highly.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    I have the Valdres and have just this week purchased a pair of the Nevada safety boot for work.
    Previous to the Valdres I have had a couple of pairs of Asolo's and a pair of Mamots.

The Valdres are super light and are more like wearing a cross trainer than a hiking boot which reduces fatigue in the hills. My only cautionary statement would be that they don't have quite the same level of ankle support as the likes of the Asolo so if you are prone to rolling an ankle then keep that in mind.

The Nevada's are more in line with the Asolo in terms of weight and ankle support.

I love my Valdres and recommend them highly.
    Who stocks them man? My salewas are near the end of their life want to try a pair of the valdres

I have the Crispi Thor, good for north island country. I like them. Not study enough for S.I imo.

I have just purchased a pr of Scarpa SL Active from Macpac in Chch, 30% sale on them from $599 to $419. Wore out my Bestards. Was looking at Crispi but very few outlets (H&F..puke though DOC down here wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Who stocks them man? My salewas are near the end of their life want to try a pair of the valdres
    Rusty Dog in Pukekohe. Dave will get in any size you want to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nick-D likes this.

I've got a pair of Bestards since I have wide hooves and they seemed to do a wide pair. When they wear out I might look for a lighter pair if someone makes some for those of us with Hobbit feet

Iv got the Crispi ASCENT GTX had them bot 10-12 months just use them for hunting but I can't fult them keep my feet dry they light & grip alright they offer good support & at $340 I'd buy buy another pair when I need one without thinking bot it

Hi Hotbarrels ,Do you find them a wide fitting. The Ascent plus Gtx have dropped buy a hundy to $399 as seems nz hunters find them to orange.