Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By kiwijames
  • 1 Post By mikee

Thread: DOC Boundries Upload help

DOC Boundries Upload help

Does anyone have or can point me to where I can get or how i can upload the DOC boundries to my Garmin Alpha.
    Really looking for the file and instructions on how to install it.
    Ta in Advance
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Mine has them loaded.

You are welcome to pilfer them out of it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Does the Alpha have an sd card for map ? If so, just get the mr purples map for around $70. All doc boundarys clearly marked
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Does the Alpha have an sd card for map ? If so, just get the mr purples map for around $70. All doc boundarys clearly marked
    Yes it does and currently filling up fast with NZ Open Maps and Birdseye data for Africa

Did i mention I am a cheaparse, might have to spring for Mr Purples but hoping not to
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Mr Purples maps ARE the open source ones. So you should have doc marked with a pink line on boundary.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Mr Purples maps ARE the open source ones. So you should have doc marked with a pink line on boundary.
    Mine don't have DOC boundaries (Mr Purple) but the file is easy to find. If you want I can put in a Dropbox share.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    @mikee DOC Boundaries
    Copy it into the "GARMIN" folder in your GPS or SD card. You can make a new folder on your card if you need.
    Im a GPS lemon and figured it out. Isn't this stuff your bread n butter?
    gadgetman and Pengy like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    @mikee DOC Boundaries
    Copy it into the "GARMIN" folder in your GPS or SD card. You can make a new folder on your card if you need.
    Im a GPS lemon and figured it out. Isn't this stuff your bread n butter?
    Hey Thanks for that and in answer to your other question..............................Um yes but Garmin is a dirty word where I have been working for last 16 years, we generally don't do anything other than marine based stuff and mostly commercial so no Garmin, Lowrance or such.
    Actually I like the Garmin stuff better (hand held stuff )
    kiwijames likes this.

This thread needs a sticky, i've been looking for doc maps like this for years, luckily i've never had any trouble with being caught in the wrong place but I could picture the argument with my A4 printout of the grainy DOC jpg maps as my only defense