Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By Ryan

Thread: First impressions of Leica 2400- R

First impressions of Leica 2400- R

Just thought I would post a few thoughts on the Leica 2400R that I bought through Sarvo.

I've been using a pair of Bushnell fusion 1600 binos which I got secondhand off here in 2012. I think it is fair to say they have been treated poorly for work and play in that time and were starting to show worrying signs of failure.
    Anyway, the Leica turned up and after a 30 second looking in the manual I took it to work to test it in the forest.
    The optics are excellent, very clear even for failing eyes like mine. To me, the their light weight makes them harder to aim but I imagine you get used to it.
    The unit measures very quickly but it means you have to aim accurately, it's not like the Bushnell which you can almost feel it doing the maths, so you have a moment to get it back online.
    It is very basic in that it only measuring the distance - either the true distance as the crow flies or equivalent horizontal distance for shooting. There is no special ballistics programs built into it. It's easy to change between the two in the unit but it helps to take notice what you set it on! I was busy swapping between the Bushnell and the Leica to compare measurements and was worrying about the discrepancy between the two until I realised the Bushnell was measuring real distance and the Leica horizontal, Doh. At close ranges the Leica measures down to one decimal place and will measure down to 12m which has proven handy laying targets for my sons air rifle. The old Bushnell always refused to measure below 26m.

So basically, it is a nice simple unit, measures well and it weighs stuff all to have in the belt pouch. It turned out to be good timing as the Bushnell has now stopped working all together and it has now be relegated to the backup truck binos.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

How do you swap to horizontal range on the 2400? I have the 2700 and I threw out the manual and now I cant figure out anything on it haha
    7mmsaum and dannyb like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    How do you swap to horizontal range on the 2400? I have the 2700 and I threw out the manual and now I cant figure out anything on it haha
    https://gzhls.at/blob/ldb/1/8/b/8/fc...045628043e.pdf

^ Hope that helps.
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.

If it's like the 2400 with 2 buttons you hold down the front one for a couple of seconds and that lets you reset YD/M and then range type.
    I'd double check the manual but its its already sitting in the misc manual draw at work .
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement