Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By .22-250 everything
  • 1 Post By Spook
  • 2 Post By R93

Thread: Flying in for the roar

Flying in for the roar

Just in the middle of compiling my gear list for this years fly in trip. Post your gear list here, perhaps sorted into categories (Hunting, cooking, shelter, other). I'll put mine up when I am finished in the next day or two.
    Might be a good way to pick up some ideas. I'm not going to put food up, will just make me look like a fat prick

Aw go on....lets have a list of your grub you alleged self fat fuck.....
    Ruger .243....the only gun i'll ever need. (Except when i need something else)

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Shit since I'm going with Greendog & MEB perhaps a chastity belt should be at the top of the list
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Shit since I'm going with Greendog & MEB perhaps a chastity belt should be at the top of the list
    Won't be much use... Chrloroform is at the top of theirs
    Spanners and MEB like this.

I hear GD is off to get a Strapadicktome. Might pay to take some lube.

Flying in, chilly bins, frozen casseroles to heat and eat along with Maggi Mash Sen-farkin-sational

Take a decent rifle...something with a bit of calibre...these are stags your'e after not goats and hares...make sure you show your mates your knife in case you get bushed...take two lots of grog, one lot tucked away in your pack and one lot for the pilot to tell you to put back in your vehicle because you are over weight...they get their jollies off tossing you booze out...and you gotta have booze...you might shoot the biggest stag of your life and it will really piss you off if you only have tea bags.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    and you gotta have booze...you might shoot the biggest stag of your life and it will really piss you off if you only have tea bags.

R93
    I may pay to contact the operator your flying with and find out what type of machine will be used and their weight limitations. They should e-mail you a form confirming your gear and weight limits.
    Nothing pisses a pilot off more than gear for Africa and a a heap of beers. Worse is a bunch of whinging pax when are told they cant take it or will cost extra to get in.
    Guys with gear for the task are a dream and will have the pilot in a good mood and if able will go out of their way to improve your trip.
    Grim and Brian like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Cheers tussok, first fly in coming up
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Caretaker
    Thanks for that Tussock.

R93
    Although written with a lot less expletives than I would have used I think Tussock is pretty much spot on with the above 2 posts. I have flown my share of hunting parties into the hills,
    We used to average 300 people + gear in March/April alone. A bit of gear is alright as long as it is thought out and able to be crammed. My mate and I take a bit more gear for the roar than would be expected of pilots but with no problems. I tend to go for 20+ days with a possible relocation.
    We used to look forward to my old boss every year, at least once, screaming over the ground idle noise "its not a fu%kin Huey you @#$%"
    Some hunting parties flew with us every year were orginised and a dream and were always looked after if extra flying was needed.
    Some were just demanding ignorant idiots who thought because they were paying a decent bit of coin their demands should be met with no regard to safety.
    My other favorites were wankers that reckon they generated more flying hours by doing their annual roar trip than I or other pilots had. They were the ones that new what they were doing and always ended up doing something dumb trying to prove their point. I could go on for hours.
    I would never let anyone else load my machine apart from small items that were going in with them.
    Another good bit of Tussock advice is to duck no matter what until the pilot is out of the machine. He should by then have the collective and cyclic frictioned up. Do not under any circumstances throw anything around a machine. We have had to replace several blades over the years due to idiots doing this. Not friggin cheap!
    Its not rocket science but it seems when the machine is running and it has to be loaded people tend to panic or are too relaxed and do somthing dumb.
    I know some pilots use funny gestures and language to get your attention but always keep an eye on them, your safety is their responsibility.
    It should be an enjoyable experience for you as it is, I hope, the start of an adventure.
    Another tid bit. Please refrain from having to tell the pilot your hunting stories. If he asks all good, if not he or she can wait for the magazine.
    Again a classic was being blamed for no animals in the area or block that you may have suggested and as you lift off and before you gain translation you spot a couple of animals. It has happened a lot!