Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JasonW
  • 1 Post By GravelBen

Thread: gaiters for kids...

gaiters for kids...

Hi all my wee girl is adamant she's going hunting with me...I have struggled to find a pair of boots her size and have relented and bought a cheapy pair from the warehouse..they should do for a start....what I'm really finding hard to source is a pair of gaiters suitable for a 6 1/2 year old.....anyone know where I can get some or someone who could make some...
    Cheers

try talking to Marie at K2 Antartic Products, K-2 Antarctic Products
    Let dogs lead the way

Cut the feet off some kids rugby socks or the sleeves off an old jacket?

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.

Cut some bits of sleeve off an old wetsuit for neoprene kiddy gaiters might work?
    JasonW likes this.

A very short tall person ROKTOY's Avatar
    What size boot does she fit? We may have a pair here that my boy has outgrown, I stalk trade me and grab Keens, etc. when they come up cheap, even if a size of two too big.
    I had some canvas puttees made for him, they don't keep water out too well but great for stones etc.

Hey Roktoy she's in a size 1 thinking bout getting some made only needs to keep shit out like Spaniards and matagauri and of course barley seed. Not too many damp spots up where I usually hunt....bought a quad bike last year and have been kitting it out to suit my needs....she's an oldy but goody.. bought mostly for easier access for me and the kids being that my legs buggered and the kids are only wee...thanks to you others have thought about the wetsuit thing but dont have one....might contact marie at k2 see wat she can offer thanks all

I'll have a look and see if we have any that size.

Oil Skin Puttees | Trade Me
    This trader made the ones for my boy, I asked for her to put a front hook on. I gave her my sons leg measurements and she made then to fit.
    The other options I considered were buying cheap neoprene ones and cutting them to fit, and resewing. Or a set of running gaiters like these

Inov8 Debris Gaiter 32 Ankle Shoes Unisex Black S | Trade Me

https://www.facebook.com/boundaryf/ missus found this girl on Facebook she does all sorts of stuff and sounds willing to do gaiters for kids...not sure of prices yet but will keep yas informed and pics once we sort something cheers

matagouri and spaniards........ a set of shin pads work a treat and they keep gaiters up really well too.

@Alpinehunter0 How did you get on with gaiters? I haven't got boots in your Daughters size sorry, My boy is in size 1 at present also
    I just grabbed a pair of these to try out on my 6year old
    PAIR OF KIDS WATERPROOF WINDPROOF GAITER LEG PROTECTORS | Trade Me
    Not bad for the price, not tried them yet to test for waterproofness. But they look reasonably well made for the price and fleece lined too. Pic of them on my boy
    Name:  gaiter.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  976.3 KB

AlpinehunterO, I can vouch for the ones made in Rakaia, top product, top service. They are so well made you will need to keep finding kids to wear them out

Finally found some decent ones for my girl.... turns out that even though I've checked out their website before that stoney creek are making kids gaiters ... sounds like they have a few pairs in stock but only come in a short leg and in green ...
    not sure when they started making them but they look ok in pics and at 40 a pair we ordered some.... will be arriving any day now....