Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: game hoist

game hoist

Any one seen one of these in a shop in NZ,
    https://www.ebay.com/p/13042062010
    I have one that's about 7 years old and have lifted some big stags but would like to replace soon (think i got it from reloaders)

Gone but not forgotten
    Yep, looks very similar to the Allen one I got from Guncity a few years ago, except mine has 4 pulleys (2 doubles) not 6 like the one in your link.

Banned
    Mate got a very good one from Alibaba, will check and report back
    mikee, bigbear and RV1 like this.

Forgotmaboltagain+1

Can find them on trade me also

had one very identical to this and it was rubbish. rope to small to pull up a decent animal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Mate got a very good one from Alibaba, will check and report back
    Checked with mate. He looked at one from Alibaba then got one from Topmaq in ChCh. I have used it for a stag and a sow on a trip and it is very good. Topmaq have one at $36.90 which I think is the same as mates. https://www.topmaq.co.nz/180kg-hoist...block-maho0900

@Moa Hunter i must be a fussy buggar,

Gone but not forgotten
    I think 6 rollers is a must, mine only has 4 and it's a struggle to lift a whole sheep (ungutted) and tie it off. The type and thickness of rope also makes a difference, I think 10mm would be better than 6mm, unless you are taking it bush with you.
    For my setup at home, I bought a handwinch with a strap that I attach to the end of the hoist rope for winding up and down with more ease and control.
    https://www.topmaq.co.nz/900kg-horiz...strap-avwi0850

I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Gun city had some with the auto lock so you didn't need to tie off were about 150. Shoof do one as well with auto lock think they were around 200

Gone but not forgotten
    I would be a bit nervous using the autolock, and would still tie off the rope as a backup - I saw some horrible injuries at the meatworks caused by carcasses moving when they weren't expected to.
    Sideshow, bigbear and Finnwolf like this.

@Jhon had one like that years ago same as couple links above i found them to be pretty average and the rope diameter is to small. ok for one or two animals a year.
    @country cuts we brought a Shoof 4:1 one from farmlands i think they are closer to $300 still not as good as the one in the link i put up. Also had to replace the rope not long after purchase. Even pulling up big 100kg rams can be hard work with when you are doing a dozen at a time

I have had a email back from Reloaders to say they were importing them directly from USA which they are no longer doing

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    @Jhon had one like that years ago same as couple links above i found them to be pretty average and the rope diameter is to small. ok for one or two animals a year.
    @country cuts we brought a Shoof 4:1 one from farmlands i think they are closer to $300 still not as good as the one in the link i put up. Also had to replace the rope not long after purchase. Even pulling up big 100kg rams can be hard work with when you are doing a dozen at a time

I have had a email back from Reloaders to say they were importing them directly from USA which they are no longer doing
    If you are lifting that sort of weight a hand winch might be better. You can get ones with a brake in them and winch up and down so your not trying to hold the weight while flicking the tab over on a boat type winch

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    I think 6 rollers is a must, mine only has 4 and it's a struggle to lift a whole sheep (ungutted) and tie it off. The type and thickness of rope also makes a difference, I think 10mm would be better than 6mm, unless you are taking it bush with you.
    For my setup at home, I bought a handwinch with a strap that I attach to the end of the hoist rope for winding up and down with more ease and control.
    https://www.topmaq.co.nz/900kg-horiz...strap-avwi0850
    Got a foto of your setup. Intrigued. Keen to see if possible. Thanks