Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TJM

Garmin birdseye satellite view 64st

Any one using this soft ware package?
    Seem to have issues downloiading it

didn't think it was available for NZ, I could stand corrected (happily) though
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

I am sure birdseye is available for nz but you have to pay a subscription.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Yip something like fifty per year

TJM
    Free for a year with new Garmin,, happy with the topo maps but since it was free thought it would be interesting to install

Ejected
    Yeah, I've got it free with mine for a while. It's cool but you are restricted as to how big an area you can view at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Yeah, I've got it free with mine for a while. It's cool but you are restricted as to how big an area you can view at one time.
    Im sure you couldn't 'hunt' the entire area available so not a biggy is it?

Ejected
    No it isn't. It just takes quite a while to load a particular area depending on the size so you have to keep it small. But yeah, like you say, it's still larger than you could cover in a day in the Kaimais.

TJM
    Sorted it out last night, as you say you cant download a large area at all onto your device with out exceeding the download limit. would be nice if you could download the complete area.

Downloaded last night, not as good as I thought, Hard to see on my Alpha Screen and subscription is locked to one device
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by TJM View Post
    as you say you cant download a large area at all onto your device with out exceeding the download limit. would be nice if you could download the complete area.
    You can get around these limits if you're prepared to get your hands dirty. If anyone want to know how to have unlimited Birdseye-like aerial photos on their Garmin, from ANY source (LINZ, Local Councils, etc), let me know. It's not piracy - totally legit, using free software, and making changes to the firmware of your Garmin.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Downloaded last night, not as good as I thought, Hard to see on my Alpha Screen and subscription is locked to one device
    Final image quality is often lower than expected due to the quality of the initial aerial photo and the limits of the screen on whichever Garmin device you're using. I was disappointed with the results on my Garmin Oregon 450, but the results are much better on my newer Oregon 650, as it has a better screen. Colours still seem a bit washed out though.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I used to think this may have been a good idea. Now I don't see the point? Use google or something to get points of interest onto your device as a reference, to me the rest of the time should be spent with eyes on the prize. I used to spend way to much time looking at my GPS instead of the bush etc. in front of me just my opinion of course

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    You can get around these limits if you're prepared to get your hands dirty. If anyone want to know how to have unlimited Birdseye-like aerial photos on their Garmin, from ANY source (LINZ, Local Councils, etc), let me know. It's not piracy - totally legit, using free software, and making changes to the firmware of your Garmin.

Final image quality is often lower than expected due to the quality of the initial aerial photo and the limits of the screen on whichever Garmin device you're using. I was disappointed with the results on my Garmin Oregon 450, but the results are much better on my newer Oregon 650, as it has a better screen. Colours still seem a bit washed out though.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    My Alpha 100 looks a bit washed out but need to have a bit more of a tutu with display settings

Just down load the maps you want and the areas you hunt. You can join bits together for bigger down load areas and overlap bits. I have huge areas downloaded on mine

OK can anyone tell me what the limits are to the maximum amount of Birdseye data you can transfer to your Garmin Handheld cause I think that may be my problem.

@stretch maybe??