Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Garmin rino marks lost

Garmin rino marks lost

I'm not sure how or why but I've lost all my marks on my rino . When I set my new marks its numbering them from where my last marks where , like 35 , 36 ,37 .......... So it's like the old marks are still there but I can't see them . Anyone no what's going on ? . Thanks munsey
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    I'm not sure how or why but I've lost all my marks on my rino . When I set my new marks its numbering them from where my last marks where , like 35 , 36 ,37 .......... So it's like the old marks are still there but I can't see them . Anyone no what's going on ? . Thanks munsey
    Try connecting your GPS to your computer and go into the Garmin folder. Inside that is the GPX folder, and in there are all the .gpx files that hold your track and waypoints that you've saved. If there's no files in there, then you're probably out of luck. If there's files in there, copy the WHOLE folder to your PC, then delete the GPX folder from your GPS. Unplug your GPS from the PC, turn the GPS off, then plug it back in and turn it back on. Copy the GPX folder you just saved to your PC, back into the Garmin folder on your GPS. Unplug, turn off your GPS, then turn it on (remaining unplugged), and see if your waypoints reappear.

GWH
    Mine have all disappeared off my 62s as well. 6 or so years of weigh points gone! Gutted. Will try what you've suggested.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Need to save your gpx file or via Basecamp backup

Yea I had similar issues with my 62sc. Luckily I had regularly saved to my Basecamp.
    I had a combination of opporator errors and f/ups. I found some in saved files, but others were due to messing around with the track manager. I knew they where there somewhere just took me a few frustrating hours to find. ( I think they may have saved with a different version map or something like this)
    When I found the tracks I was able to rename the various waypoints. The most annoying thing is. I left the track as one track and it connected months worth of missions and areas ended up looking like spaghetti on Base camp and took a bit of time to disconnect the various walks by using the dates and deleting the track between the different dates.
    Munsey likes this.

How'd ya get on @Munsey? You recover yr marks?
    I have also used the live wire ( is that what it's called?) where you can drop the sat map over the top. Makes finding spots you know of but not sure on the topi easier.

Thanks Guys . Will download to my computer and try my luck . Pisses me off losing my fishing marks but the ironic thing was, I caught more fish than normal with out them .
    veitnamcam and Gibo like this.

Good luck. Fishing marks bit different to the hunting ones, sat pic not much help there.
    Munsey likes this.

Found my marks on basecamp . Not sure whats up still . But worst case is I can manually put my marks back in to my rino by the coordinates .
    veitnamcam likes this.

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Mine have all disappeared off my 62s as well. 6 or so years of weigh points gone! Gutted. Will try what you've suggested.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Ive just done what was suggested by Stretch, and low and behold all the gpx files were indeed in the gpx folder. And bugger me, when i turned it back on, all the weighpoints are back!

Thank you sooo much!
    Munsey, stretch and deadidick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Ive just done what was suggested by Stretch, and low and behold all the gpx files were indeed in the gpx folder. And bugger me, when i turned it back on, all the weighpoints are back!

Thank you sooo much!
    Booya! File that one away for future reference.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    GWH likes this.

I have zero knowledge/experience with them sorry. Do they have a USB connection or a memory card?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    @stretch Do you know anything about Raymarine sounder/plotters?
    Is there a place you can go to retrieve deleted waypoints?
    @mikee ?? Could be his area of expertise
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    @mikee ?? Could be his area of expertise
    Raymarine................wash ya mouth out !!!

They will be gone unless you had saved them to a memory card and ramarine use a funny format parculier to them
    Pengy likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

In fact most marine plotters once you delete the marks they are gone (if they are saved on the plotters internal memory.
    If you can save them to and SD card then if deleted from there you can usually un-delete them via a pc and recovery software
    MOF (Ministry of Fisheries) also have some really neat ways to recover data but the outcome for the units owner is often far from happy in these cases

Not much help to ya @stretch ,
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.