Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Goat smell on clothes

Goat smell on clothes

So like an idiot, I shot and carried a big old billy goat. Head's buried, but after 2ish months I can't get the smell of him off my Swazi Thar, or my bino harness. Any suggestions on getting it out? Or do I have to burn it all and start from scratch?

I’d try A Napisan soak in a tub of water, or perhaps a gentler product would be baking soda. I use the latter with water to clean caravan fridge. It’s a known deodorant, so maybe dissolve some and soak your gear before cold machine wash. Just a ‘housebitch’ suggestion.

Haha good luck with that. Ive had to wash my clothes and pack many times to get the buck smell off. The smell even stays in my wooden knife handles. It is a legendary stench.

Some people online suggest using solutions recommended for removing skunk smell, since both skunk and goat smell is strong and oil-based. The ingredient combination I see often are baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and liquid detergent. Multiple washes/soaks may be necessary https://www.thespruce.com/getting-ri...k-odor-2656337
    Rocco likes this.

youve given the swazi an upgrade....... better to smell like a stinky old billy in the bush than smelling like lattes and lynx.....
    and you should be able to clear any hut of toffee nose self righteous vegan eco warriors

Banned
    I remember for Skunks in Alberta a bath in tinned tomatoe juice was the answer. So what ever the chemical is in toms that kills the smell of Skunk might be worth finding out. Skunks are really bad, goat is nothing in comparison
    veitnamcam and Micky Duck like this.

Dry rub it down with baking soda and let it sit for a few days before shaking it out and letting it soak in cold water for another 48hrs and then dry on the line. Works for me with stag smell hahah.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Rocco likes this.

Bwahahaha.

I can't stand that stinky billy goat stench. It takes weeks to wash it of your hands let alone get it out of your clothes. I'd burn them, then burn the burner I burnt them in, then scatter the ashes of everything far, far away.

And people eat those things?!?! Argh.
    7mmsaum, 300CALMAN, Rocco and 1 others like this.

Thanks team. Scotty you're on to it, but it's starting to make the old garage/workshop a chore to be in. Think we'll have to start with Masperjay's baking soda and then work all the way to staining it with tomato juice.

Mind, surely it'd work like smell camo in the bush.

northdude
    i wouldn't worry unless you spend most of your time in shopping malls or cafes better to smell like a goat than a human when in the bush..
    veitnamcam, Rocco and Ned like this.

hang it out in the wind and rain for a week or so,preferably out of direct sunlight as it will fade your fabric.... you may end up removing all your waterproofing trying to cure of smell so may as well go the wash it and retreat it route....

assume your bino harness is nylon weave...soaking it in whatever concoction you want shouldnt harm it...personally I would start with white vinegar...it works with fish better than nearly anything.works on fishy hands too....
    Moa Hunter and Sarvo like this.

MB
    That's got to be the ultimate in olfactory camouflage. Americans would pay big money for that!

NRT
    U have to fuck a nanny simple

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post
    U have to fuck a nanny simple

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    is that how you roll in the deep south ?
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Dago
    Green Party Golriz 'Goat' Ghahraman would welcome the clothes as a gift. Remind her of home.

Name:  Goat.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  41.6 KB
    gonetropo likes this.