Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Good US knife retailer ?

Good US knife retailer ?

I had a Becker knife on order , even thou the shipping was high , ONLY to get a email from them , saying they need to double that amount , so doulbe the cost of the knife ? , NICE ,

So anyone have a reccomendation of a knife retailer in the US , thats half way decent on shipping etc ?

Later Chris

Member "the knife guy" may be able to help you.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    knife guy all good
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Just had a look at knifeworks , and they charge $50 for the 1st , 3 lbs international shipping .
    So thats not very good .

Cheers Chris

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    Just had a look at knifeworks , and they charge $50 for the 1st , 3 lbs international shipping .
    So thats not very good .

Cheers Chris
    Par for the course really, I bought 3 knives from them a few months ago. $48.95 freight. Still landed 3 knives into NZ cheaper than buying 1 in NZ.
    You are wanting your cake and to eat it also.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Youshop. Set up an account
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    So thats not very good .

Cheers Chris
    All US retailers charge insane shipping prices, as HNTMAD said get a Youshop address, I have saved a few hundred dollars this year alone with my youshop account.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Many will now not accept non US credit cards.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Look to be honest it's less fuss just to try and get a knife from a nz supplier than to bring one in, both Top-gear and blademaster carry a good selection plus you can try before you buy, also if they do not hold the one you are after they may bring it on.

Of coutss if you want a custom then that's a different question, but there are also some excellent nz knife makers, Brent sandow does custom work, in both D2 and Damascus, and Svord makes some excellent blades, in fact I just visited his forge the other day and picked a up a couple more, of which I will write bout shortly...

Plus there are a few other custom makers, including some which are active on this site, best bet is to get a custom piece or a Svord, then you will get what you truly want and won't waste money on duty and shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    Look to be honest it's less fuss just to try and get a knife from a nz supplier than to bring one in, both Top-gear and blademaster carry a good selection plus you can try before you buy, also if they do not hold the one you are after they may bring it on.

Of coutss if you want a custom then that's a different question, but there are also some excellent nz knife makers, Brent sandow does custom work, in both D2 and Damascus, and Svord makes some excellent blades, in fact I just visited his forge the other day and picked a up a couple more, of which I will write bout shortly...

Plus there are a few other custom makers, including some which are active on this site, best bet is to get a custom piece or a Svord, then you will get what you truly want and won't waste money on duty and shipping.
    I will never buy products locally, I refuse to pay up to double the cost of what I can get from the States, some individual items I have saved up to $100-150 by getting it in from overseas, and that's shipping included. Pay with paypal then no dramas about the NZ credit card being declined..easy
    Also the range of products here in NZ is a joke, if you want the best from USA or Europe then there is only one place to get it, and get it for a damn good price... overseas.

DLT

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Par for the course really, I bought 3 knives from them a few months ago. $48.95 freight. Still landed 3 knives into NZ cheaper than buying 1 in NZ.
    You are wanting your cake and to eat it also.
    You kept that quiet.
    Details, photos?

No , I donot want my cake n eat it , The price for basically one 7 inche knife was to start with $30 USD , which I thought was not that cheap , then they emailled saying the made a mistake , and the cost was $60 USD , and asked for me to approve that price increase .

And why is it , that no one ever offers a international surface rate ? , oh yeah , thats because , we have no container ships coming to NZ any more ?

Cheers Chris