Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WillB

Thread: GPS HELP

GPS HELP

Hi All,

Believe it or not, I have 2 Garmin 62sc's and over the last 6 months have both spat the dummy with their maps one way or another.
    One won't start up reliably and the other will just go blank (no land marks but has the current track that I just plotted).

The long and the short is, my PUTER is as fast as an Austin 7 and has a memory of an Alzheimer's patient!
    Is anyone willing/able to load up a couple of micro sd's for me with Mr Purple so I can get up and running again!?
    I will supply the cards and beers!

Cheers

Have you tried doing an update on them

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

No, what's involved in that?

I couldn't even open the Mr Purple maps via the link that has been posted here
    Last edited by Fireflite; 22-02-2020 at 08:52 PM.

the one that wont fire up reliably is above my paygrade as mentioned above maybe software update download garmin express its free.
    the other thats not showing your maps check your settings and make sure you havent hit the declutter function. check sd card is clean and dry not damaged

Hi there

I had some trouble with a Rino 650 recently - I rang the help number which you can find somewhere on the website. Finding the number is probably the hardest part, as it’s a difficult website. But once you get on the phone, and once someone answers, they can be very helpful. In my case they decided the unit was defective and asked me to send it to the Auckland warehouse. Once they’d checked it over they offered me a refurbished one. I asked if I could upgrade to a 750 instead. They said ok and charged me around $100. I received a new-looking refurbished 750.

So that’s a long-winded way of saying I would recommend giving them a call.
    Padox likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WillB View Post
    Hi there

I had some trouble with a Rino 650 recently - I rang the help number which you can find somewhere on the website. Finding the number is probably the hardest part, as it’s a difficult website. But once you get on the phone, and once someone answers, they can be very helpful. In my case they decided the unit was defective and asked me to send it to the Auckland warehouse. Once they’d checked it over they offered me a refurbished one. I asked if I could upgrade to a 750 instead. They said ok and charged me around $100. I received a new-looking refurbished 750.

And that's good customer service right there.

Are you using Garmin Basecamp on your computer to look at the GPS units as the new version 4.7 doesn't work properly See this link for more details on this issue

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    the one that wont fire up reliably is above my paygrade as mentioned above maybe software update download garmin express its free.
    the other thats not showing your maps check your settings and make sure you havent hit the declutter function. check sd card is clean and dry not damaged
    @scotty thanks for the heads up about garmin express, I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by WillB View Post
    Hi there

@WillB I will call them tomorrow to see if they can help out

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
    Are you using Garmin Basecamp on your computer to look at the GPS units as the new version 4.7 doesn't work properly See this link for more details on this issue
    @Happy Jack not using basecamp so shouldn't be the issue!???

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflite View Post
    @WillB I will call them tomorrow to see if they can help out
    Good luck with it man! Let us know how you get along. Sometimes it takes a while to get through, but once you're talking to someone they really seem to be happy to take the time to sort it out, so I didn't mind the wait so much. I do hope you have the same experience.