Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kimjon
  • 1 Post By gadgetman

Thread: Has anyone on here converted their lightforce 170 to HID?

Has anyone on here converted their lightforce 170 to HID?

Thinking about converting my lighforce spotlight to HID, has anyone done it? I had a quick look on the net and found some helpful sites, but then I looked on ebay and there were too many choices and I got confused?

Any help appreciated?

kj

If your running off a vehicle i wouldn't bother. If your lugging batteries then yea for the extra life.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    If your running off a vehicle i wouldn't bother. If your lugging batteries then yea for the extra life.

Yeah, its a hand held (battery pack). Will it be any brighter? How much more battery life? Sorry for all the questions.

kj

I don't own one but have used one side by side with my 170 and 240. Its whiter with a touch more reach but not much.
    Do it for battery life, if you want more reach get a bigger one.

"Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Cheers, that's the advise I needed. It may not be worth doing (for my needs) as I rarely run out of batteries flicking it on/off looking for the eyes.

Many thanks for the advice

kj
    kokako likes this.

A mate has done his one. Output about the same as a 100W Halogen but only using 35W draw. Not using it any more as the LED torches provide greater reach and weigh a lot less.
    sneeze likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

We have done one ,,,,works well brought a kit off deal extreme not really sure if its worth the hassle but the l/forces do have nice lenses ,,,,we also have an eagle one i think they are off t/m works sweet to and alot more compact than the home made one ,,,,,put hid kits into my quad lights ,,,now that made a wicked difference ,,,the standard lights were like piss holes in the snow.
    The set of lightforce 170's on the truck they will probably be converted as well in the near future,,,,
    DONT BE A FOOL INDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU PULL

Very difficult Bushrash? Been thinking about doing mine for a while.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

The quad or lightforce??

Heres some info on how to mod your lightforce
    Lightforce HID conversion (Lots of Pics) - Expedition Portal
    And the hid's i fitted to the quad were these direct replacent for motorcycle bulbs you need 2 x kits ,,,,not a five minute exercise to fit them and it is a chinese kit ,,,havnt failed yet but,i did leave my original bulb holders wired into the loom just in case they ever failed i can fit them back into the lenses in a few minutes.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1285702

I bought a $5 chinese spotlight from Trademe and fitted a 55w used HID kit from a car, $1 from trademe. Took a couple of hours but bloody good spotlight now, just epoxied the Ballast on the top of it, has taken a bashing and never come off yet. Does need a running vehicle to give enough voltage to start the arc. I'll put some photo's up if anybodies interested.

Yeah specweapon start up voltage is really important with HID good connections too and heavy wire helps ,,,,,and........dont play with the conections in the wet when its dark when she fires ya eyesbrows fire out 90 degress haha

Quote Originally Posted by specweapon View Post
    I bought a $5 chinese spotlight from Trademe and fitted a 55w used HID kit from a car, $1 from trademe. Took a couple of hours but bloody good spotlight now, just epoxied the Ballast on the top of it, has taken a bashing and never come off yet. Does need a running vehicle to give enough voltage to start the arc. I'll put some photo's up if anybodies interested.
    Some pics would be great. Still not sure if I use mine enough to bother, but I like the idea of it.

kj