Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Huntaway hydration tube mod

Hi guys. Has anybody had a mod done to there huntaway pack so there hydration tube can come out of a slot just above the shoulder strap? If so did you send it back to cactus or maybe twinneedle? Any input would appreciated.

Just find it a bit annoying coming out of the centre when packing and getting gear in and out. Also doesnt sit at your shoulder well.

H.M
    Also keen to hear this, as i would also get the mod done to mine. Im sure someone on here said they have done it in a past thread. Awesome packs tho just ordered there Foray today, one of the last in stock.

Hi fellas,

Yep I had that done by cactus when I purchased my huntaway. $40 I think they charged me. Well worth it. I asked for it over the left shoulder to keep it away from the rifle if it's over the shoulder or in the scabbard. They cut a hole and reinforce it with more material so pretty simple. The hose on my camelbak fits through with the quick release mouth piece removed.

Another mod I might give as go is removing the foam insert and try using a great outdoors 35L pack aluminum frame that fits perfectly for heavy loads. I filled up the pack to max bag with veni a couple weeks ago and tied a couple heads to it. It was very uncomfortable on the back with the leverage of the heads hanging off the back.