Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Huntech Gaiters - available end of Jan/Feb

Huntech Gaiters - available end of Jan/Feb

Hi Guys,

I spoke to a very helpful person at Huntech this afternoon.
    She advised that the gaiters (and other items) will be stocked in Hunting and Fishing by the end of January/start of February 2014.

Cheers,
    Kumoe

hi can anyone put up a link for somewhere selling these gaiters, cheers

Which part of "will be stocked by Hunting & Fishing" did you misunderstand?

The bit I do understand is that the name “huntech” is a trademark that has been on sold. The link with the original and NZ (Upper Hutt) made brand is broken.

Where are these now made, and what is the quality like? Anyone know?
    And are they the original Huntech design?

Quote Originally Posted by peril 787b View Post
    Ummm......"the scud" just introduced himself in the intro thingy, he's from/in Northern Ireland.

I saw some H&F/ Huntech gaiters at the last Sika show........IMO definitely not as 'substantial' looking as my original Huntech models.

This time last year I was in a Hamills store, asking as to the availability of the new (then) Stoney Creek Glaisnock Jackets, which were late in the shops. A traveler for another brand said then that Stoney Creek had changed hands. In his words someone walked thru the door and made a cash offer for the outfit.....dunno if its true.

He also said the Huntech name had been bought by the same outfit that supplies H&F branded apparel to the H&F chain, not by H&F itself.

It remains to be seen where the range is pitched, above or below the H&F branded stuff.

To answer "the scud's" question, from what I saw of the "new" Huntech gaitors at the Sika show, far better quality gaiters are available in the UK.

B

Quote Originally Posted by peril 787b View Post
    thanks for pointing that out

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    Ummm......"the scud" just introduced himself in the intro thingy, he's from/in Northern Ireland.

I saw some H&F/ Huntech gaiters at the last Sika show........IMO definitely not as 'substantial' looking as my original Huntech models.

This time last year I was in a Hamills store, asking as to the availability of the new (then) Stoney Creek Glaisnock Jackets, which were late in the shops. A traveler for another brand said then that Stoney Creek had changed hands. In his words someone walked thru the door and made a cash offer for the outfit.....dunno if its true.

He also said the Huntech name had been bought by the same outfit that supplies H&F branded apparel to the H&F chain, not by H&F itself.

It remains to be seen where the range is pitched, above or below the H&F branded stuff.

To answer "the scud's" question, from what I saw of the "new" Huntech gaitors at the Sika show, far better quality gaiters are available in the UK.

B
    thanks for the reply. the only good gaiters here are the blackislander gaiters but theey are very noisy. might just try to get the zip fixed on my old huntechs

C & A outdoors the Huntech importer in Australia had some of the original Huntech gear available for longer than the NZ stores. There may be some gear still available, but the gaiters have gone.
    C&A are manufacturing design copy of the original Huntech ones, ive imported a couple, made in Aussie, they look as good as the originals are strong with decent canvas as well. Time will tell.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Drahthaar View Post
    C & A outdoors the Huntech importer in Australia had some of the original Huntech gear available for longer than the NZ stores. There may be some gear still available, but the gaiters have gone.
    C&A are manufacturing design copy of the original Huntech ones, ive imported a couple, made in Aussie, they look as good as the originals are strong with decent canvas as well. Time will tell.

Cheers
    thanks for that they have them listed might just purchase

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I always wore the Huntech long gaiter and now I wonder why? Heavy, hot and not the greatest fit as they had very little give.
    I will be investing in either the Kuiu Yukon or Sitka Stormfront next.
    Wirehunt and the scudd like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I always wore the Huntech long gaiter and now I wonder why? Heavy, hot and not the greatest fit as they had very little give.
    PM sent regards Sitka

B

Ejected
    Go to CRT and get a set of the short canvas jobs. They do the job and are a lot cheaper, last fucking good too.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Yeah James the Sitka ones are awesome, if your foot is even remotely big get the XL as the L are small on a decent boot.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Yeah James the Sitka ones are awesome, if your foot is even remotely big get the XL as the L are small on a decent boot.
    Good to know. Cheers BRADS
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    The bit I do understand is that the name “huntech” is a trademark that has been on sold. The link with the original and NZ (Upper Hutt) made brand is broken.

Where are these now made, and what is the quality like? Anyone know?
    And are they the original Huntech design?
    Got one of those anniversary tops Tahr and the zip on the chest has already shat itself. they are made overseas we will see how good the rest of tthe gear is but disapionted so far.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2