Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Huntech Stalker Softshell Anorak

Dose any one use one if so what do you think of it thanks

Could be wrong but thought there had been a few on here with huntech gear that they returned as it leaked

I'm a huntech fan though all my stuff is prior to the sale of the business

They don't leak per say, but the dwr on the outer layer is crap so it wets out which means they stop breathing, which means you get wet from the inside. All jackets will do this eventually especially the softer faced ones

If you redo the dwr coating they work fine. But tbh having to re waterproof a new jacket is a pisstake so I wouldn't buy one again

If you wouldn't buy a huntech what would you buy that's long enothe to cove your shorts & with in a budget of $400 that doesn't weight over a kg thanks

There are some good 2nd hand deals that come up from time to time. I’ve managed to score a Swazi Tahr anorak for $350 in excellent new Co and also a Stoney Creek Stillwater for same and it was like brand new

Hi I have one and it is fully waterproof it dosn't hold water and is light and quiet! I have recommended them to mates in the past.

SiB
    I recently washed and reproofed my older H&F rain jacket. Wish I’d done it sooner. Better than new, so IMHO if you’ve got a jacket style you like just include proofing it (properly, when wet etc) and you’ll be set up for ages

Buy the Swazi Rifleman, check my review under the Gear & Equipment forum @hunt08

Quote Originally Posted by hunt08 View Post
    If you wouldn't buy a huntech what would you buy that's long enothe to cove your shorts & with in a budget of $400 that doesn't weight over a kg thanks
    Yeah, it's a bit of a bugger as they are a bloody good design. It's been fairly well documented so they might have fixed it.

It's been a bloody good jacket since I redid the proofing. So if your happy to reproof if they havnt fixed it (not hard only takes a few minutes) then have a go.

Not the only piece of their gear that has let me down though, had a pack strap let go first time i put any weight in it, that was one of the batch with backwards buckles to. New one has been good since.

Made it into town today & went & had a look them like it & Brough one as they are on sale at monent for $200 so leves abit $ to reprof it if I need to thanks guys