Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Hunters Element Range jacket

Hunters Element Range jacket

Hi was just wondering if Anyone has Heard anything about the Hunters Element Range Jacket. As I am interested in purchasing one for deer stalking. This is my first purchase of a hunting jacket as I have only just taken an interest into Hunting. Suggestions and comments welcome

Whats the difference between a hunting jacket and a normal jacket?
    #BallisticFists

Quote Originally Posted by scoped View Post
    Whats the difference between a hunting jacket and a normal jacket?
    A hunting jacket is quieter when moving, as the fabric feels more like cotton/velvet rather than nylon/gortex which makes a lot of noise when arms are waiving about and you are bush bashing etc...
    HNTMAD likes this.

If you don't mind getting wet and cold you will be fine with that coat.
    kiwijames, Frosty and grunzter like this.

I'm always very wary of these "hunting" companies popping up all over the show, there are plenty of Brands out there far superior in quality that make clothing suitable for hunting if quite is what your after, softshell material, fleece etc.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by grunzter View Post
    A hunting jacket is quieter when moving, as the fabric feels more like cotton/velvet rather than nylon/gortex which makes a lot of noise when arms are waiving about and you are bush bashing etc...
    so like when its raining and stuff, because that's usually when you wear them, are you really concerned about that compared to the drowning sound of the rain!?

its a gimmick, this cotton/velvet shit holds water, gets heavy and wont breathe as well as a normal nylon outer/membrane jacket. about the only thing its good at is saving your ass when sliding down a scree on it.

I can understand if all you ever are exposed to is, must wear a "hunting" jacket to go hunting in but seriously, there are other brands which make gear that is a shit load more durable and functional with shit loads more r&d put into them to make them a good product.

have a look on the net and see all the bad reviews about how shit those hunters element coats are
    oneshot likes this.
    #BallisticFists

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I have a Macpac coat in the new material they're running. Beats the shit out of any "hunting" brand I've tried. Smaller, way lighter and better.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I have a Macpac coat in the new material they're running. Beats the shit out of any "hunting" brand I've tried. Smaller, way lighter and better.
    Which model?

B

What sort of jacket is it?

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    Which model?

B

Don't know for sure. Has the Event? fabric.
    Just spent two days in permanent damp (light rain/drizzle). Did not keep me 100% dry, nor did I expect it to. It kept me warm and the wind out.
    I don't do hoods, they feel claustrophobic to me so I expect to get some down the back. No amount of fancy bullshit material will keep me dry when I'm hunting. I sweat, like a fat 42 year old should. Put a coat over it and your only asking for trouble. I don't wear leggings either and I expect a certain amount of wicking via my shorts anyway. The cut is long enough to keep it over my waistband so water run off doesn't get any higher than the tops of my shorts pockets.
    Had a Sitka. Sent it back without trying. Too short. Swazi Tahr, super shit. Anything I've seen from Hunters Element looks mediocre at best and the few items I did get are not with me any longer.
    Absolutely loving my Kuiu gear, don't know if they do a kiwi style rain coat?
    Last edited by kiwijames; 29-01-2015 at 09:22 PM.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Don't know for sure. Has the Event? fabric.
    Just spent two days in permanent damp (light rain/drizzle). Did not keep me 100% dry, nor did I expect it to. It kept me warm and the wind out.
    I don't do hoods, they feel claustrophobic to me so, I expect to get some down the back. No amount of fancy bullshit material will keep me dry when I'm hunting. I sweat, like a fat 42 year old should. Put a coat over it and your only asking for trouble. I don't wear leggings either and I expect a certain amount of wicking via my shorts anyway. The cut is long enough to keep it over my waistband so water run off doesn't get any higher than the tops of my shorts pockets.
    Had a Sitka. Sent it back without trying. Too short. Swazi Tahr, super shit. Anything I've seen from Hunters Element looks mediocre at best and the few items I did get are not with me any longer.
    Absolutely loving my Sitka gear, don't know if they do a kiwi style rain coat?
    Really rate my Sitka after a full day of wet hunting a few weeks back.
    Just buy the next size up works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Really rate my Sitka after a full day of wet hunting a few weeks back.
    Just buy the next size up works for me.

I tried the budget one. Not the full blown fruit version like yours.

I tried the budget one. Not the full blown fruit version like yours.
    Mine ain't that real flash Harry model, it was to small for me. @tui_man2 has that.

Fucked up my first post. Meant to write Kuiu, not Sitka. Rate the Sitka too (other than the raincoat I tried) but the Kuiu works really well for my style of hunting.

James you have no "style" of hunting
    kiwijames likes this.