Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By quentin
  • 2 Post By faregame
  • 2 Post By faregame
  • 1 Post By debo

Thread: Which Infrared illuminator/laser

TLB

Which Infrared illuminator/laser

I know over in the UK they are into using night vision in a big way and it is certainly becoming more popular here too. I was just wondering what everyone here is using in the way of infrared illuminators?
    Some of the ones from overseas look to significantly increase the range.
    Is there many available in NZ or is importing the best option?
    It would be getting paired with a pard 008.
    Cheers!

Have a talk with Fraser at Owl Optics, he'll give you good advise.
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

200M with the Pard NV008 is very easily achievable. I've managed to spot rabbits at 500M (well their eyes anyway). Seems that the people bagging the IR range of the NV008 do not know that the inbuilt IR illuminator is zoomable.

Tried a couple of external illuminators, and TBH they didn't do any better than the internal one. I did try IR940 illuminators, so possibly the Pard sensors are not as sensitive to that wavelength.

Would be interesting to see how the IR laser illuminators compare.
    Joe_90 likes this.

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Yeah the in built are actually very good and it avoids the need to have a huge external torch as well - 250m odd or more if a bit of light around

I've just ordered a box of IR Lasers from the UK, a week or so and they will be here - they are wickedly good, I've seen clients photos here with them in use

Also there are the Nitecore 940nm - I have them and still testing the range - its less range (higher wavelength is darker so more power required) though - but can't been seen, its very powerful, but the lens gives quite a wide beam, so overall less range
    @TLB

AJS
    Any of you guys tried Laser Genetic's ND.3 x50 long distance laser ,scope mounted . they have a green light not visible to game and bright eye detection they not cheap but would save pennys if they are the goods

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Tried one a few years ago

Watched a stag bolting away from its beam as we scanned a field - which summed it up

Animals maybe be steadier under it - but like red light; but they learn too What it means

If spotlighting use the least amount of light as you need; avoid lighting everything up and ‘flashing’ around

Quote Originally Posted by AJS View Post
    Any of you guys tried Laser Genetic's ND.3 x50 long distance laser ,scope mounted . they have a green light not visible to game and bright eye detection they not cheap but would save pennys if they are the goods
    Check out this. Seams to be a clone. A lot cheaper. I can't seem to find any reviews.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3291...6e1b76e8EQeqtI
    AJS likes this.