Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar

Innersoles for tibets

Hi team

Any recommendations for innersoles?

Mine are too bloody hard and now starting to cause me blisters in the bridge

Any suggestions much appreciated

M
    Addicted to gun powder

the ones in john bulls are really soft and supportive........bit too thick for in my gummies but really made them easy on feet.

I have the same boot and swapped mine out for the thick Haix ones.

Alot better than the original bit of cardboard they give you.

I’ve got the green superfeet inner soles from H&F in mine and they work really well. I got the ones you have to trim.

Banned
    A friend and I were discussing this very matter on the hill a couple of weekends back. What i have seen blokes do in the past is buy cheap thin jandals and cut them to fit. This adds extra cushioning.
    Also, have never seen these but in the 1960's there were a type of soft plastic innersoles available that had ridges on the top for grip and slots on the underside for ventilation, very popular with cullers. I think that Jandals with the corrigated sole would be a good start.

I got some blue inners from shoeclinic that have arch supports. They are pretty good.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

take your boots into the likes of foot clinic and they can measure your foot and recommend whats the best fit
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

formthotics. basically they go in your boot etc. then get heated up then you put your foot in and lace up. after a couple of minutes they mold. i used to use them in my ice skates, made one hell of a difference

In my Mendels I binned the original insoles and replaced them with Schol gel insoles when my feet started to get sore. There are 3 types but look at the active or sports and the work insoles. Both are good but the active/sports have a gel pad under the forefoot. Both are well padded under the heal.

You trim them down to fit your size. Use your old insole as a template.

Rebel sports got a decent range of inner soles , I just went for the ones that offered the most cushioning

I just go through other footwear I have and hook out the insoles they vary a lot in thickness and sometimes I like to wear 2 pair of thinner socks so I just try find a inner that's the right thickness or 2 thin inners. Some trekking type sport shoes like Keen, Merrell & Salamon have great insoles worth pinching for a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    A friend and I were discussing this very matter on the hill a couple of weekends back. What i have seen blokes do in the past is buy cheap thin jandals and cut them to fit. This adds extra cushioning.
    Also, have never seen these but in the 1960's there were a type of soft plastic innersoles available that had ridges on the top for grip and slots on the underside for ventilation, very popular with cullers. I think that Jandals with the corrigated sole would be a good start.
    I think if you can fit jandles in your boots then your boots are the wrong size.
    I have been looking at getting some more cushioned inners lately too so will follow this with interest. Like the idea of the Formthotics but just saw the price.
    Last edited by Shearer; 29-02-2020 at 12:09 PM.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.