Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

interesting magnetospeed idea

This guy has come up with a good idea for a mount that means your magnetospeed is no longer affecting POI. I wonder if this would work on a free floated sporter stock with a lower rail mount, mine would have enough room to mount something even with bipod attached (I guess there still be a POI shift relating to having extra weight hanging off the stock). also might be a bit tricky with a supressor. Still a nice idea I made a device for free-floating your Magnetospeed. - Topic

Had a look - very clever idea.
    Obviously needs some refining and simplification (cost reduction).
    I'd think that if the setup is hanging off a solid stock with a free floated barrel, POI wouldn't change at all.
    Unless you're using a 'plastic fantastic', that'll twist and touch the barrel, with the extra weight hanging off it.
    Maybe a set up hanging off a bipod mount or leg, would work for these types of standard plastic stocks.