Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Irsh Setter Grizzly Boots

I recently brought a pair of Irish Setter Grizzly Boots from a so called Trust Hunting and Outdoors supplier from the Waiarapa.
    After wearing the boots briefly I found you had to keep tightening the laces as the side of these boots seem to stretch when you walk in them.
    I contacted the supplier about this and he was happy to replace them with a different make of boot. So I sent them off and had to call a week later to make sure he had them. He then went virle on the phone and said he was sending them back as they had dust on them and there would be know replacement.
    I have now posted boots on trademe in hope of selling them on. Has anyone else had this trouble with this Supplier from Caterton??
    We are in the process of claiming through the Consumers Act against this so called trusted supplier and would be keen to hear of any other issues .

Banned
    recently is less than 12 months im guessing and what dose the warrenty on the boot state? hes obviously imported them from cabellas, if your happy to go thru consumers affairs thats your choice but why sell them on trade me to give some else a drama? id be pissed off if i bought a pair of boots that did that aswell.you should hold onto those boots because you could be asked to send them directly to the manufacturer.

Less than 1 month ago. Have sold on to someone else with full explanation of the faults that these boots were for me.
    I certainly wont be using the Hunting & Outdoors site again. No confidence vote there. the guy is just a faceless b*#@^%
    Retail stores is were i will be getting my next boots from

Irish Setter boots aren't any good for our hill conditions. Too soft around the ankles and even softer when they get wet. A mate had a pair and had the same problem as you did. Its not a fault, its just how they are. They are made for footling around in the moors, and probably perfect for it.

Under the CGA you will have to show that they were either not fit for the purpose or they were miss represented. I think that it more a matter of you buying the wrong boots for the right job. But I might be mistaken.

I had a pair of Irish setter boots, mate brought them but got the size wrong.

The hooks & eyes are riveted .The rivets didn't like water (fresh or salt) and pulled apart until I got pissed off super gluing them back together & binned them out of frustration .They didn't last any thing like 12 months .They where quite noisy to hunt in with the aggressive soles.Now have a pair of full draw hunting boots seem to be holding up better & a pair of silent stalkers .
    Gun control means using both hands

I bought some boots from same company two years ago every step you take they squeak like a plover. Complained and it went no where. Nice 450 dollar pair of farm boots and I still have no hunting boots. Yep I will not go near them again either . I have even submerged these in saddle oil to no avail. They will burn well mind you.. So far during summer my hunting boots have been John bulls but shit in the wet and I still have no hunting boots after saving to buy some. Tossers.

My boot failed on me, last hunt. I decided this time to go with an open cheque book and get the best.

Any suggestions. I have heard the European ones are the best, but have seen rave reviews for a brand called Crispi, (US I think)

Most I've seen seem to have glued on soles and from getting thrashed in the bush to then be in storage for long periods in between they just give up when the glue fails. Leaning toward some that have stitched on soles.

Cheers
    AJ

R93
    I have been in search of the ideal boot for most of my adult life. The Army couldnt get it right during the time I served and I am still trying to find a decent pair myself.
    I have Lowa tibets. They are a very strong and comfortable boot and I am on my second pair, as they are the best I have worn to date. They last me around 2 years. They are good in some situations and unfortunately shit in most that I hunt.
    The vibram sole they and most modern boots use, would have to be, in my experience, the worst sole you could use on the coast. They are in some scenarios just plain dangerous. I am clumsy enough tbf.
    If they come out with a slightly softer sole that could be replaced, if thrashed, before the upper was buggered, I reckon for me, they would be perfect.
    I am considering losing the strength of the Lowas and going back hikers for the easier to moderate country I hunt.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.