Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: A little gear review - Kuiu Strong Fleece Hybrid 260 Zip

A little gear review - Kuiu Strong Fleece Hybrid 260 Zip

Like most hunters when you look through what you've accumulated over the years it ends up being a mixture of this brand and that brand where we hunt in a combination of clothing which suits each individual as what works for me may not work for my mate.

I got introduced to Kuiu a few years back when I bought some Sitka trousers which have been bomb proof and still going strong. At the time I bought a Guide Jacket but like most peoples experiences was a little apprehensive as it's not something you can check out in the shops prior to buying but I haven't regretted buying that Guide Jacket and since then I've bought a Kuiu thermal and a pair of attack pants which have been awesome solid pieces of gear.

Recently I decided a needed a new mid layer from the Huntech one I had been wearing as it became too thin with the amount of times I've worn and washed it so it needed replacing.

I looked at what was on offer from various brands including kuiu which is just bomb proof.

The Strong Fleece Hybrid took my fancy so I sat on the idea of buying it for a while as again I'm presented with the same situation of not seeing before buying.

https://www.kuiu.com/global/strongfl...shirts-hoodies

Anyway a couple of clicks on the internet and I sealed the deal of buying one in size large as I have a large guide jacket in that size and within two weeks it arrived.

First impressions was the fit as I'm 6'2 of skinny build. The garment fitted me well and fits slightly over my waist line the way I like it. The cuffs are well past my wrist which makes it easy to put my thumbs through the thumb lopes if need be.

The feel is great as it feels light weight yet solid and warm and this proved to be the case while out in some chilly -2 weather with blistering winds but this is not a solid outer layer but certainly handles what I was outside in and I'm yet to take it on a proper hunt!

The stitching is solid so it won't be falling apart anytime soon.

It also has pockets or should I say one large kangaroo pocket accessible from either side with discretely hidden zips which I'm not sure at this time should actually be bigger zips but it does the job.

The inside is lined with a fleece but the fleece isn't in areas of high heat loss such as under your arms, arm pits, up the spine where this helps with wicking so your not over heating.

Anyway, I can see this being a great item to wear all year round over a base layer and if weathers gets worse then something else can go over the top such as my rain jacket.

Is this like the Peleton top? I have one of those. Love it.

I’ve got a 210 on order, non hooded, look forward to trying it out.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

I've also found it good gear, got some down trousers, balaclava, LJs, various tops etc although moving more into First Lite.
    hotsoup likes this.

Everything i’ve got from them so far is awesome. My Kuiu gaiters and gloves are wicked. I have recently picked up a merino shirt and the attack pants too which are bloody mint aswell. If it wasn’t so expenny I would have a lot more. Next on my list is a mid layer, another merino shirt because they rock, the merino zip on/off thermal pants (mint design as I hate taking boots off to add or drop thermal pants) and maybe a bino harness. Probably the only thing I won’t try is the rain jackets, not a fan of short cut rain jackets even with rain pants on.

The gaiters are great. Here is what I have left...hit me up if keen on anything. Shorts are 36, LJs are M...rest are L.

Name:  20201001_130107.jpg
Views: 1808
Size:  2.66 MB
    Seventenths likes this.

yea ive got one of those 260s im a big kuiu whore, i dont know which hoodie i perfer to be honest, 200 240 or 260
    Dreamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka7mm08 View Post
    The gaiters are great. Here is what I have left...hit me up if keen on anything. Shorts are 36, LJs are M...rest are L.

Attachment 150457
    How much for the puffer?

The brown one $300 posted. It is their Super Down with hood.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Seventenths and hotsoup like this.

^good deal! Great jackets

It cost a shitload from memory...didnt trust myself to wear it outside....may have put some weight on but that is speculative.
    hotsoup likes this.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikka7mm08 View Post
    It cost a shitload from memory...didnt trust myself to wear it outside....may have put some weight on but that is speculative.
    Would you like official confirmation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondered when you would be along!

What are the attack pants like - are they noisy in the scrub? I've been looking for something suitable for hunting other than during summer, and they look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Nolan View Post
    What are the attack pants like - are they noisy in the scrub? I've been looking for something suitable for hunting other than during summer, and they look pretty good.
    They're really good, super comfy and light. Not noisy at all.
    Ross Nolan likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.