Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

looking for rifle

Hey all reading this. I saw a rifle a while back that had interchangeable barrels, like the ends were threaded and they would screw on and off. I don't remember where i saw it or much about it but i do remember that the caliber was .22. I know it's a bit vague but i want to buy a quiet rifle for close range goat and pig shooting and seem to recall them shooting pigs with it so it came to my mind. Any other suggestions regarding close range rifles to shoot goats/pigs or even deer with would also be appreciated. Cheers

Switch barrel in 22? Sako quad springs to mind not your usual choice for a bail gun.
    I'd just get a 223 possibly a baikal.

Banned
    223, 7.62 x 39 or 6.5 grendel in a bolt gun or 357,44,30-30 in a lever

As above 223, 7.62x39 etc.
    I have a Bergara single shot in 223 I am considering selling.

Quote Originally Posted by MatiriHunter View Post
    Hey all reading this. I saw a rifle a while back that had interchangeable barrels, like the ends were threaded and they would screw on and off. I don't remember where i saw it or much about it but i do remember that the caliber was .22. I know it's a bit vague but i want to buy a quiet rifle for close range goat and pig shooting and seem to recall them shooting pigs with it so it came to my mind. Any other suggestions regarding close range rifles to shoot goats/pigs or even deer with would also be appreciated. Cheers
    The CZ 455 can switch barrels with a couple of grub screws. Most of the switch barrel rifles I have seen usually cost well more than two rifles (one of each calibre) The Krieghoff Semprio is fantastic, but at $12k for the base rifle and 8k for a second calbre, you can fill a room for that. Same with rimfire. Sako Quads were around a grand or more, for that dosh you could have a reasonable 22 and a WMR/HMR or even a 223....

Baikal do a single shot take down but a second calibre will cost the same as a second rifle so you may as well get both....

Sorry my original message wasn't clear. The gun didnt change calibers it only changed barrels, i believe it had one shorty barrel, one threaded barrel with a suppressor and one with iron sights. I just thought it was a neat little thing.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    The CZ 455 can switch barrels with a couple of grub screws. Most of the switch barrel rifles I have seen usually cost well more than two rifles (one of each calibre) The Krieghoff Semprio is fantastic, but at $12k for the base rifle and 8k for a second calbre, you can fill a room for that. Same with rimfire. Sako Quads were around a grand or more, for that dosh you could have a reasonable 22 and a WMR/HMR or even a 223....

Baikal do a single shot take down but a second calibre will cost the same as a second rifle so you may as well get both....
    Yeah i'm definetly not wanting to spend that much even if i could. I'm wanting to get something for around a grand with a scope on it to have a bit of fun practicing my stalking when i get sick of my bow. My dad has a .308 blackout that can run leheis but it's a big bloody heavy thing to lug around especially when stalking in tight bush. We also have a sako .223 that we are picking up from kelly country this week but theres no way in hell hes gonna let me use that thing without him watching my every move, since it's brand new. I would buy a savage shorty but i just feel that it's not powerful enough to take a goat down at 70 odd yards, but to be fair i dont know much about guns and would love to be corrected because i am quite fond of the little things. Sorry for rambling, Cheers.