Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: LOWA BOOTS

LOWA BOOTS

Just purchased pair of Lowa boots every time i cross a river i fall over ,cant stay on my feet like walking on ice
    Really comfortable replaced burnt out pair like for like thinking stick with what you know anyone having same prob as will change
    to save injury
    Wirehair

As in you got a new model compared to your last one and they have a slippery sole?

Every alpine boot I have had is slippery on wet rock/roots but I have only had lowas and Andrews......its either that or the sole cuts out before the boot I think.

Will follow with interest.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I had a good run with lowa tibets, changed to a different model (hunter gtx i think) with a higher ankle and a few more eyelets. Found the same issue with traction on rocks or bush, maybe i was lazy with my tibets. New ones are just as comfortable and work 90% of the time with no issues

Gone but not forgotten
    Would they happen to be the Z6 or Z8? I have seen a few comments on various sites about them being slippery in the wet.
    My Renegades seem to be okay on wet rocks, though not as grippy as my cheapo sneaker-type hiking boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Would they happen to be the Z6 or Z8? I have seen a few comments on various sites about them being slippery in the wet.
    My Renegades seem to be okay on wet rocks, though not as grippy as my cheapo sneaker-type hiking boots.
    No
    As 223 said I sold him those beautiful boot but for alpine snow
    The z series are flexi and that's what it all about
    My cheapies that 400 guys now have are copy of z8 high
    Infantry grade

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    No
    As 223 said I sold him those beautiful boot but for alpine snow
    The z series are flexi and that's what it all about
    My cheapies that 400 guys now have are copy of z8 high
    Infantry grade and are proving very good traction on all surfaces
    But not think b suited to shale or scree and won't take a crampon
    On phone so not sure if getting through

I have tibets and have always found them slippery on wet rocks. Then I watch NZ hunting adventures and the Duleys seem to jump around on rocks like their boots have suction cups on the bottom. I don't know how they do it.
    Moa Hunter, Micky Duck and hotsoup like this.

I found the same problem with my lovely comfortable Lowa boots, I fell into the river, got wet and and banged the scope, because I slipped on the wet rocks. I'd never had such slippery sole boots before. Very comfortable but not safe really, so I've gone back to a pair of uncomfortable but non-slippery Katmandu boots.
    Ingrid 51 likes this.

Honestly dont know what people rave about Lowas, I bit the bullet and bought Tibet's a couple years back and the only thing they had going for them was they were comfy, they fell apart literally second trip out, and I'm not the only one that's had that problem, rand came off both of them and the complete sole started to come away at the heel on one. Yea you might get 9 out of 10 pairs that are good but for the money you pay their quality control needs a lot of work
    hotsoup and Sarvo like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Banned
    I have the leather lined Tibets, bought in Germany. I have never had such comfy easy to walk in boots. As Ryan says the Rands did come away so I re-glued them. As to grip - no problem, in fact the positive non slip grip means that I can cover more ground for fewer steps. I wouldn't blame Lowa for slippery soles, blame Vibram who make the sole.
    headcase and RUMPY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by whirehair View Post
    Just purchased pair of Lowa boots every time i cross a river i fall over ,cant stay on my feet like walking on ice
    Really comfortable replaced burnt out pair like for like thinking stick with what you know anyone having same prob as will change
    to save injury
    Same issues I have Z6 slippery as.
    I complained as my son also brought a pair same thing.
    They offered us another pair at 1/2 price as they said they had issues with them.
    I brought Tibet and hate the blood great lumps of lead on your feet.
    Now I'm looking for new boots any suggestions.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 25 /08 IMP View Post
    Same issues I have Z6 slippery as.
    I complained as my son also brought a pair same thing.
    They offered us another pair at 1/2 price as they said they had issues with them.
    I brought Tibet and hate the blood great lumps of lead on your feet.
    Now I'm looking for new boots any suggestions.

I've gone to Anatom Q5's and I reckon they're brilliant, they're reasonably stiff so I wouldn't use them if you're doing a lot of easy country but I've found them comfortable, hard wearing, and provide plenty of grip and support
    25 /08 IMP likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I've gone to Anatom Q5's and I reckon they're brilliant, they're reasonably stiff so I wouldn't use them if you're doing a lot of easy country but I've found them comfortable, hard wearing, and provide plenty of grip and support
    Thanks Ryan yeah I need a bit more flex as the Tibet are way too stiff as well for bush hunting I keep kicking roots and things.

...and my Lowa soles disintegrated through “lack of use” (according to sales person). Have changed brands.
    Pengy likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid 51 View Post
    ...and my Lowa soles disintegrated through “lack of use” (according to sales person). Have changed brands.
    Are they 'Vibram' soles?. I have seen a pair of Lowas that were 30 years old with genuine Lowa branded soles and the soles were still good. Most of the Vibrams are PU ( polyurethane) and not rubber. That is why they are slippery and why yours disintegrated.